Final Fantasy VII 10th Birthday

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...
Final Fantasy VII 10th Birthday

Post by Darth Fett » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:56 am

Thats right, folks! Today is Final Fantasy VII's 10th year since it's realese! This thread is for you all to go on and on about how much you like the game. Do you do cosplay? Fanfic? Do you think that Cid is a better captian than Kirk or Picard? Go wild, peoples! :D

One more thing. If for whatever reason you don't like FFVII, please don't post in this thread. Thank you and good day. :wink:
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:10 am

Yeah, Final Fantasy VII is great. I just got the DVD of AC recently and it was pretty good aswell. I do think they should stop milking it out by making all those prequels and sequels. They should concentrate on making new Final Fantasy's as good as the old ones.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:36 pm

wow i cant believe i was only ~five when i remember watching my brothers play that. seems so odd
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:09 pm

Yea my friend got it when I was Ten and we liked both played it forever!

And I saved my money and bought it around six months after it was released and it alone was my method of entertainment for like two years and even re-played it when I was 12

I was busy trying to max my stats and levels in the Crashed Gelneka...good times good times, I think I'll tell this to my grand-kids :D
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

codeman

Post by codeman » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:51 pm

oh man...great memories of staying up till 3am every night playing it during the summer! Yeah, i beat it only...um...about 7 times, with at least 3 of those times being 80+ hours. I wasn't obsessed or anything....Now that i think about it i let a friend borrow it! Crap, now i want it back!

EDIT: Actually...one of the quotes in my signature is from the game! Can anyone guess who said it and at what part of the game? Hehe
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

"Say, what does this button do?"

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:59 pm

Cid IS NOT better than picard or kurt :o .

I borrowed it from an old neighbor (who I am still friends with) who hated it, I thought it was meh but would really like to play it again. He lives about half an hour away, next time I see him I will try to take it off his hands for a small fee.

khaag

Post by khaag » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:29 pm

Hey! What better way to celebrate FF VII 10th than to buy the special edition (for PC) I have for sale in my FS thread (in my sig)! ;)
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

Mageslayer

Post by Mageslayer » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:41 pm

FFVIII > FFVII. That's not to say that VII wasn't a good game, just that it's overrated as being the best merely because it was a completely new direction in the series from VI (which is STILL better than VII in my opinion, as is XII).
I once wrote:My head may be in the clouds, but the view up here is breathtaking.
"What kind of a monster are you?"
"The kind that killed your family."

dman762000

Post by dman762000 » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:35 pm

Well I started working on seven again about 2 months ago after about a 9 year break in play and I really like it I am at level 52 right now and I am afraid that I can't beat sephiroth even though i am standing on the crater edge and all I am also a fan of 10 and just picked up 12 yesterday and have to say that it is as good as 7 with better graphics

limpport

Post by limpport » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:56 pm

I forgot to post this earlier, but..

Not bad for MS paint, hmm?

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:48 pm

limpport wrote:I forgot to post this earlier, but..

Not bad for MS paint, hmm?
*Claps* :lol:
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.