Portable Wii

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

sameguy

Post by sameguy » Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:05 pm

ya I thought so ... soo all together ?
ahh. but opinions can change and facts can be faulty.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:43 am

sameguy wrote:ya I thought so ... soo all together ?
£300 provided it all goes to plan.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

sameguy

Post by sameguy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:45 am

Ya I could fund this, how would you go about doing it?
ahh. but opinions can change and facts can be faulty.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:25 am

First thing I need to do is find the items and size them and price them for an accurate cost...

Screen size := 10" screen max
Batterys := 12v - 3.7A Wii adapter, so needs to be complient with that. Any recommendations? (UK Please)

First step is making the frame for the Wii, so it will slide in...

My main concern is scuffage on the Wii... So I might have to implement a rolling wheel on each side so the Wii rolls in and out as opposed to sliding in and out (kinda like the wheel inside a ball mouse with the spring.. you'll know what I mean if you've opened a mouse. )

Then I need to mount the power port and RGB cable so the Wii is connected when it's slided in.

I'll have to make a power plug to connect to the Wii...

Of course, if you want a completely custom design, let me know..
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.

WiiPlay

Post by WiiPlay » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:29 pm

cool idea i hope it works good luck!!!!!! :D :D

rusko

Post by rusko » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:02 am

Could i build one i wantted to ask because i didn't want to use your design without your permission.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:32 am

rusko wrote:Could i build one i wantted to ask because i didn't want to use your design without your permission.
No, I'm building it.. Make your own design.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:40 pm

Buring it here in the Wii topic, my Wii laptop is done though I fried my first set of new IR LED's and am waiting for the new ones to come Thursday.

Everything else is together though and I promise ya'll it's pretty cool. Should go up Friday, along with a new podcast.

-Ben

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:46 pm

awesome! can't wait for it!

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:57 am

Mine isn't going to plan, the Wii doesn't slide in nicely because of the rubber stoppers which I never took into consideration, so when I did take them into consideration, now it doesn't plug all the way in, and the video sucks.. My design definitely needs some revising before I make someone one. I could spend the best part of half an hour just plugging it in.
I haven't successfully put it together with the case whole yet, because for some reason they don't line up.

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:17 pm

I don't have a Wii, hell, I haven't even played one yet. But if it's just little stoppers couldn't you just pry them out for use with this?

Andother suggestion would be to use those slider pads that you use on the legs of furniture so that they can slide arouns easily. I don't know how well they work with rubber, but it's worth a shot.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:18 am

Well, removing the rubber feet kinda defeats the object of keeping the Wii stock. Giant wheels aren't going to solve anything, they'll just make things ugly. I know what I need to do, I need to dremel out two long channels and reinforce some plastic underneath it, that should make it fit and line up properly.

I'm also looking into some small rollers to slide the Wii in and out, because the top of my Wii is scratched to hell.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:09 am

Felt strips might not be a bad idea, they can also help spacing. Would be easier to install than wheels too.

Yes the Wii has rubber feet on both the bottom AND the side, right?

-Ben

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:03 pm

benheck wrote:Yes the Wii has rubber feet on both the bottom AND the side, right?
Sadly, yes. I can't see how your lying down Wii could get dragged all over the place or tipped over.

:P

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:27 am

I might start from scratch...

Instead of having the Wii wedged between a battery and a screen, I might have the battery and screen on the same half, that way the rubber feet dont get in the way. Then I could have like a velcro strap to secure the Wii to the screen or something.. I'll figure it out. One of the IR LEDs aren't working, I think I blew it, so I'm going to try steal one from an old TV remote.