"Hold your wee to win a Wii" -1 casualty

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Klefmung
"Hold your wee to win a Wii" -1 casualty

Post by Klefmung » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:04 pm

gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:11 pm

I read about this a while ago.Sad yet Strange, pardon the pun.
Last edited by Darth Fett on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

NiN^_^NiN

Post by NiN^_^NiN » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:37 pm

Sad but not strange its water intoxication very common and dangerous as u have seen

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:16 pm

She was doing it for her children, must of been devastating for them.

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:20 pm

Hopefully their mother's efforts don't go without reward.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gamemaster14

Post by gamemaster14 » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:41 pm

You can be sure that they will most likely sue the radio station the only problem is she probably signed a release before taking part in the contest so they probably wont get anything.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:55 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:Hopefully their mother's efforts don't go without reward.

SS
I feel bad for her kids and all, but why should someone be "rewarded" for their stupidity? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'm sure friends, family, community members, and the radio station will all step up and raise funds for the kids in one way or another to help them get through this difficult time.

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:58 pm

jones wrote:

SS
I feel bad for her kids and all, but why should someone be "rewarded" for their stupidity? That makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'm sure friends, family, community members, and the radio station will all step up and raise funds for the kids in one way or another to help them get through this difficult time.
She might not have known. (water does look pretty harmless) And besides the kids could at least get something. I mean their MOTHER DIED. It's not like the wii wil fill the gap. But it's the least you could do.

NiN^_^NiN

Post by NiN^_^NiN » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:12 pm

The radio people should of made sure they knew the risks and took measures to prevent this type of stuff.

It happens to professional runners a lot i would of contacted the local first aid group and ask them to be there just for safety reasons so atleast there is medical help

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:12 pm

jeroen wrote:
jones wrote:

SS

She might not have known. (water does look pretty harmless) And besides the kids could at least get something. I mean their MOTHER DIED. It's not like the wii wil fill the gap. But it's the least you could do.
Yeah. A death is worth a thousand Wii's

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:19 pm

This contest seems stupid to me, they should have known people could have died. Better would have been giving them large (not lethal) amounts of caffeine (because it puts the kidneys in overdrive) and had them hold that while they when constantly being monitored by a medical team (and maybe drinking water if too much left the blood to go to the bladder).

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:46 pm

J. H. C. SHES STUPID. I mean, its better than an alchohol consuming contest. I thought it was very hard to die of water intoxication. But dying for the wii just shows how far fans go. I'd rather fly over the bermuda triangle....oh wait.....you die there too....
http://portableuniverse.forumcircle.com/index.php? http://mtac.profusehost.net/ Image SAY ALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!i finally used google!!

MrTroy
360 GamerTag:Kizler

Post by MrTroy » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:12 pm

It's kinda funny. Cause when I read that I fired off a bunch of insults towards her. I'm like, she's 28 she should know better. I learned that when I was in middle school. Yet, when people older than me (I'm 27) heard that story they were just like "Wow... I didn't know that" I guess it's all in how you grow up.

I also know from the line in "Liar Liar" if you hold it, it can make it difficult to get an erection or even become aroused.

Retromaster
Portablizer

Post by Retromaster » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:16 pm

I also know from the line in "Liar Liar" if you hold it, it can make it difficult to get an erection or even become aroused.
TMI, but that was very informative. Thankyou. I'll go yell it in my teacher's face now.
http://portableuniverse.forumcircle.com/index.php? http://mtac.profusehost.net/ Image SAY ALLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!!i finally used google!!

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:21 pm

"yeah... sorry that your mom died... but hey! you got a wii now! aren't you happy?"