my first portable

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

xxxeagle
my first portable

Post by xxxeagle » Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:31 pm

im going to build my first portable which system would you recomend me to use. im thinking of going with nes or an atari2600 but im not sure please tell me what you think and tell me which type of screen i should use. thanks

gamer2

do snes

Post by gamer2 » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:23 pm

i would say a SNES would be good you dont even have to cut the board just desolder the power and attach batteries. you coud just use a gamecube screen for it.

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:27 pm

the 2600 is good because you can get it pretty small and get a smaller portable :)
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:31 pm

Yeah, most can be really simple as long as you don't try to mod them too much. I'd say that the playstation is pretty simple too, but I'm not sure if that's the best for a beginner

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Jul 23, 2004 2:51 am

go with the snes... i put together portable snes power adapters all the time just for you know what ever im not even planing to make one and i acedently make them all the time... well not acedently just with out thinking... you know cant go on with out all origanal mario games on one cartrage, and must have it with me all the time.

G-force

Post by G-force » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:57 pm

Even though I haven't ever made a SNESp I think it would be pretty easy to make. Just get a 7.2v RC car battery pack from radio shack for power. And for controlls just get some panel mount pushbuttons and an NES d-pad and wire to the snes controll board. Basically just mod the case.

G-force

Post by G-force » Fri Jul 23, 2004 10:58 pm

Even though I haven't ever made a SNESp I think it would be pretty easy to make. Just get a 7.2v RC car battery pack from radio shack for power. And for controlls just get some panel mount pushbuttons and an NES d-pad and wire to the snes controll board. Basically just mod the case.

first portable

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:18 pm

its me xxxeagle just didn't log in i think ill go with a snes i just need to stop at funcoland to pick one up