New sega radica portable

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

bevo
New sega radica portable

Post by bevo » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:42 am

I would just like to say i've completed my first ever portable, and maybe the hardest. My new sega radica portable, pictures to come is great arbeit costly as I've gone through 3 radicas.

A questions though, has anyone implemented a 5v radica as I think I may. Now I also need to name it.

G-force

Post by G-force » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:11 pm

How is yours the first? Ben was the first, the last I heard (:P )

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:22 pm

G-force wrote:How is yours the first? Ben was the first, the last I heard (:P )
I think he means it's his first portable. :lol:

And good job, if you really did do this. Radicas are tricky little things to work with! Looking forward to the pictures. :)

CTFan

bevo

Post by bevo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 5:57 am

I'm thinking of using a simple unloaded voltage divider straight from the battery pack to get my +5v line. Does anyone see any problem using this?

Here's a few pictures of the working portable, no back yet so its all taped down. I first tried using a GBO but my screen circuit board was too bit. Using a GBO is definatly possible if you carve the radica down, build your own controller and get a very small screen. I did most of these steps but later decided it wouldn't be as good as an making a custom job. It also allowed me to use the original controller as a base which feels quite

When I ripped the chip of I also took some traces, although I repaired them they were quite weak so I used a load of superglue and then coated it with glue. It took me a large number of tries to get it working so I wanted it to never move again.

The case is thick clear plastic covered with black sticky back plastic, very blue peter, It looks quite good as the screen is covered by a nice protector. The screen is 2.5 inch and there is an GBO speaker in there which sound pretty good.

When I put the back on it i'm going to make the front a little better, the speaker is currently covered by sticky plastic, I want to put a brushed aluminium cover over that and a boarder similar to the original GBO screen.

jedi knight

Post by jedi knight » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:22 am

May I be the first to congratulate you on a good job! Although it needs a back, it looks really nice.
Meh, I don't post much.

bevo

Post by bevo » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:54 am

Thanks, I would like to be the first to create a 5v radica so if anyone has tell me now ;)

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:08 am

woo hoo we got a hot glue fanboy!
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Rellizate

Post by Rellizate » Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:47 pm

Looking good. Needs a back plate though.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:57 pm

awesome. attaching a cartslot is some work. excellent job and keep the portables coming :D
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4