PC Console I found

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Ombre
PC Console I found

Post by Ombre » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:24 pm

I was browsing Wikipedia today, and I came across a list of video game consoles, so I read up on it and I found this. http://www.envizionsinc.com I think this would make a awesome laptop system, thought it would be pricey since it costs around $700 What do you guys think about this new console?
(Sorry if isn't the best section to post this in I couldn't think of anywhere better.)

Ness

Post by Ness » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:15 pm

Personally, I would say this is great for kids...the price is too much for what they say you can do with this.
Future WIP - X360L

Ombre

Post by Ombre » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:48 pm

It does cost quite a bit, espeically if you order a custom version, which can get into the range of $2000-$3000 the core system is $400 It sounds like it has some pretty nifty features though.

Ness

Post by Ness » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:14 pm

I agree, it does look nice, but the price is too much for what they wanna give you.
Future WIP - X360L

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:35 pm

read the fine print...

those games have a monthly fee
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Ness

Post by Ness » Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:40 pm

Ness wrote:I agree, it does look nice, but the price is too much for what they wanna give you.
Future WIP - X360L

Ombre

Post by Ombre » Fri Dec 08, 2006 4:12 pm

7. What about Games?
Can games be downloaded to EVO? First off, games purchased from EVO: Direct can be played on the EVO system or any other PC. However, if you purchase an EVO system you will get a discount for EVO: Direct games. Second, we have recently partnered with a company to provide an additional 650 games ranging from action to kids games that can be streamed via broadband connection for a monthly fee similar to some of the movie rental programs. This service will be available after launch. Last, Envizions will develop it’s own customized console games and PC games for Phase Two. Our games can be stored to the system’s hard drive. Plus, you can stream EVO games anywhere in the home for various users.
I read something about 3 phases on the website, so far they are on the first phase.

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:48 pm

This made me laugh
EVO console games is simple.
Looks like the phantom. Expensive, poor support, never going to be at full potential.
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

MiGs

Post by MiGs » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:52 am

I wouldn't trust a system that costs $700 and says this in the specs.:

"3-D graphics"

thats right under:

"Many players playing from one master hub."

Also, "The Platinum Package, with two hundred or more games including Unreal Tournament Game of the Year Edition is available for just $24.95 a month. This package is for the extreme gamer...you know who you are!"

To me I thought this site is possibly some students game console web page project or something, it just dosen't seem feasible for it to be any fun at all :roll: .
Current Status: Single and Portableless.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:59 am

Well I think this is a terriable attempt at getting some of the 10 billion plus dollars the game indastry generated every year now. Making a PC/Video Game console isn't going to work that great. First off there already exsists, it's called the PS3. Second the cost of owning the PS3 is cheaper then that thing. Three the PS3 playes Blue-Ray discs, records live TV and can act as a router for your home. Four the PS3 unlike this system is (nearly) 100% compatible with the original Playstation and PS2.

So for all those reason and maybe more why waste the money? Something like the XGameStation or the Hydra are at the very least something that may be behind techologicly but the value it offers is greater. Being able to learn how to program a game on the thing gives you the base skills you want if you are looking to make it into a hobby or a possible carrer down the road.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

gamefunatic

Post by gamefunatic » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:52 am

this almost perked my curiosity...until i actually skimmed the page on the details. this is a gay system, but if they try (a lot) harder, i might think of putting it on a christmas list. they need to wisen up. they need to make it more...in the box, persay.
i'm lazy...so what?

Mr.Game and watch

Post by Mr.Game and watch » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:12 pm

its a computer.media center.and Crap i forgot.

.P.S.Ness you got the best screen name because Earthbound is the best RPG. .P.S.S.and a Snanner.

Mr.Game and watch

Post by Mr.Game and watch » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:34 pm

and intall mac or windows.and it a computer i get it intall mac and it a Mactop.

sameguy

Post by sameguy » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:04 pm

If they really tried and I mean like lower the price and boosted the marketing and bring in some third party developers I can see it maybe finding its own market ... but thats a big maybe
ahh. but opinions can change and facts can be faulty.