i could never do this but a thought for how to make a Wii...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

MESAJARJARBINKS
Location:where did i get the name "eclipse" ah well doesnt matter...
i could never do this but a thought for how to make a Wii...

Post by MESAJARJARBINKS » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:00 pm

portable. Someone like ben could do this im geussing.
shrink the sensor bar and put it on the screen inside. Split the controler so half goes on one side and half the other (with nunchuck attachment) also keep all the gizmos inside so to turn the wii's controller using motion sensing you move the handheld. Might be hard at first but after playing it for awhile im sure it would become second nature.
Steve irwin-died of stingray (WTH?)
R.I.P.

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:11 pm

Remember, there's a gyroscopic sensor in both the WiiMote & the Nunchuck attachment; this could really cause problems software-wise...

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:16 pm

dont think that would work, because no matter how you move the controller it would always be in the same position as far as the sensor bar could tell.

a wii portable just isnt to practical with out carrying around some stuff, unless you just wanted to use it to make a smaller GC portable and to take advantage of the virtual console
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:28 pm

the closest you could get to a portable Wii is a laptop
ImageImage

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:23 pm

Exactly what I wanted to do a while ago but now I just want to play it *has a wii seizure* :P

benol

Post by benol » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:34 am

Metroid fan wrote:Exactly what I wanted to do a while ago but now I just want to play it *has a wii seizure* :P
Wii seisure? I think you mean wii-zure! :lol:
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:42 am

Here's how you make a Wii-p
(All ideas (C) Me. Don't be fooled my imitators!)

I had this brainstorm in the shower, where I remembered a balancing eagle figurine that my grandpa used to have. It's beak rests on a small cone and that's all that touched anything, and by clever placement of weight, it stays balanced on top.
No, the eagle is in NO WAY attached to the base, I swear.
I thought about making a similar thing that has the Wii sensor that can be put on top of a handheld Wii. If the guts for the wiimote were inside the actual system and you tilted it, the bar would detect the tilt just like the real system because even though you turned the system, the floating eagle mechanism (or whatever it should be called) keeps the sensor parallel to the ground.

Genius, no?

kidw/32+systems

Post by kidw/32+systems » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:02 am

I just dont think shaking the thing while it is trying to read a disc but I could just be thinking about prehistoric CD players. That is another good point about the sensor bar. So it would be like what Turbo Tax said. But why would you want to hack up your wii, if you screw up your wii-less.
PlayChoice games 50/54 37 toppers

JAY

Post by JAY » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:44 am

NES_fanatic wrote:I thought about making a similar thing that has the Wii sensor that can be put on top of a handheld Wii. If the guts for the wiimote were inside the actual system and you tilted it, the bar would detect the tilt just like the real system because even though you turned the system, the floating eagle mechanism (or whatever it should be called) keeps the sensor parallel to the ground.

Genius, no?
If you move the base, the eagle will still wobble about a bit before it becomes stable again, and if you tilt the eagle too far, it'll either fall off or swing violently to and fro, like a pendulum, for a fair amount of time.

But even if you could get this to work, you still would only be able to get a response from rotational motions. This doesn't account for vertical, horizontal, and depth motions (by depth I mean towards and away from the screen), because the center of the axis--the bar's base--is still moving with the system. The sensor bar has to remain stationary in relation to the movements of the controls in order to make it work properly, so any design that fixates the bar and controls into a single setup will never work. The only way it can work is if the sensor bar and the controllers are independent upon each other's movements, such as in a laptop design. Plus, the Wii manual recommends that you be at least 3' away from the sensor bar.

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:12 pm

Oh, well. My idea is still the closest I've heard of.

Those instructions are neat. Too bad they still keep the AC adapter brick in the middle of the cord. The N64's "Brick-at-the-end" idea was the best one I've ever seen. They should have used that.

sammy

Post by sammy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:47 pm

Just a little note: a gyroscopic sensor is not a tilt sensor... Just saying...

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:30 pm

All I can see is a screen with the guts on it with a slot to stick the Wii mote in with the sensor bar over the screen. Then you just pull out the controller, and nunchuck and play. It could also have the GC buttons on it too for GC play. That way, you're not shaking a CD player around, and you can still have the Nunchucks and any other weird attachments that will no doubt come out.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:40 pm

you all seem to be forgetting the infrared pointer dealy, the sensor bar has to do with the gyroscope orientation data and infrared tracking so you can use the "light gun" type stuff with lcds too amirite?

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:08 pm

NES_fanatic wrote:Here's how you make a Wii-p
(All ideas (C) Me. Don't be fooled my imitators!)

I had this brainstorm in the shower, where I remembered a balancing eagle figurine that my grandpa used to have. It's beak rests on a small cone and that's all that touched anything, and by clever placement of weight, it stays balanced on top.
No, the eagle is in NO WAY attached to the base, I swear.
I thought about making a similar thing that has the Wii sensor that can be put on top of a handheld Wii. If the guts for the wiimote were inside the actual system and you tilted it, the bar would detect the tilt just like the real system because even though you turned the system, the floating eagle mechanism (or whatever it should be called) keeps the sensor parallel to the ground.

Genius, no?
that is a good Idea, and That eagle is real. I used to have one.

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:49 pm

It doesn't looke real, looks plastic.. :P