Capt. Kirk's real soldout

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

*$cuba $teve*
Capt. Kirk's real soldout

Post by *$cuba $teve* » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:06 am

I saw this Ad on tv and laughed so hard. "Cable would be illogical" that's a good one. :lol:

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:08 am

So does this definitvely rest the case that Picard is the superiour officer? And yeah DirectTV has been doing a good number of commercials that are made to look like they're part of the movie.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: Capt. Kirk's real soldout

Post by bicostp » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:39 am

*$cuba $teve* wrote:I saw this Ad on tv and laughed so hard. "Cable would be illogical" that's a good one. :lol:
Ben wrote:What is Spam?
Spam is comments that have nothing to do with gaming, modding, or anything people on the site tend to be interested in. Spam usually consists of a statement with no reason for discussion. If a person asks for advice with a topic, then that's OK. This is a DISCUSSION board not a statement board. Bring in topics that invite thought and communication.

What is Forum 42 for?
Forum 42 is a place to have fun (within the guidelines above) and discuss anything not covered by the other forums. Want to discuss a new game? Planning to build a custom system? Kirk VS Picard? (cough KIRK) This is the place!
A two sentence statement does not a discussion make.

EDIT: Ok, fine whatever. :P

Kirk vs. Picard? I don't care. Patrick Stewart is a better actor in my opinion.

Capt. Pierce > both of them.
Last edited by bicostp on Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:21 am

Actually, I think it does. Has Shatner come to the point where his acting glamore can only be showcased in commercials? Is this the end of Shatner as we know it (prolly not :P ), oh the horrow</sarcasm>.
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:04 am

Come on. Shatner has had to do a roast on CC now. I think he's pretty washed up... Further proving Picards superiority.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:32 pm

Picard's pretty lucky in this case. By the time his main acting career is as far behind him as Shatner's is, he'll already be dead! :lol:

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:12 pm

I don't like Direct TV. when we lost cable, we were going to get direct TV for cheaper, and they said they could set it up anywhere, but then they said there were too many trees and walked off richer.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:22 pm

At last somebody else dislikes satelite.
Cable is much better, that's why it costs more. Satelite's only cheaper because it's less reliable. Our friends used to have satelite, but we'd lose the signal if somebody sneezed. Now they have cable, and it's all great!

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:08 pm

teraflop122 wrote:Picard's pretty lucky in this case. By the time his main acting career is as far behind him as Shatner's is, he'll already be dead! :lol:
Yea, his has lasted much longer. But in Xmen four (Which they are going to make, at least if my predictions are right), then he won't be in it. As in the end of 3, after the credits, it showed that he transferred himself to another body.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:03 pm

Klefmung wrote:
teraflop122 wrote:Picard's pretty lucky in this case. By the time his main acting career is as far behind him as Shatner's is, he'll already be dead! :lol:
Yea, his has lasted much longer. But in Xmen four (Which they are going to make, at least if my predictions are right), then he won't be in it. As in the end of 3, after the credits, it showed that he transferred himself to another body.
However, Patrick Stewart has been in a ton of other stuff besides Star Trek and XMen. He played a gay guy in one, and he plays villains all the time. I wish I could think of some names, but I'm having a brain fart. But I have seen him on movies while flipping through HBO and the like.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:53 pm

NES_fanatic wrote:At last somebody else dislikes satelite.
Cable is much better, that's why it costs more. Satelite's only cheaper because it's less reliable. Our friends used to have satelite, but we'd lose the signal if somebody sneezed. Now they have cable, and it's all great!
I prefer satellite, because when we had cable, we only had 10 channels, and a verry noisy picture. now with Dish Network we have 100+ channels, and a clearer picture.

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:08 am

The only thing I miss about my satellite TV is Boomerang and Nicktoons (Rocko's modern life). But it is nice to be able to watch TV when it's raining, you know, when I'm inside and want to watch TV.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:32 pm

I'll go with Capt. Morgan! *Puts leg up with hands on hips looking very tipsy* :-P
-Luke

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:11 pm

Over in the Middle East I got TV through a funny looking microwave dish. It never gave me any trouble, even when the weather was adverse. I don't think either system is 'better' or 'worse,' and the prices often fluctuate back and forth. One year Dish will be less expensive while Cable has more subscribers, the next Cable will be the cheaper one while Dish has more subscribers.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:13 pm

am i the only one who still uses antenna :P
ImageImage