PSP screen

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Mageslayer
PSP screen

Post by Mageslayer » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:00 am

I'm looking for a tutorial on how to put a screen from one psp onto another. I have a good psp with a scratched screen and a bricked psp with a good screen. So, questions:
1. Is it possible to FIX the gigantic scratch in my screen?
2: Do I have to desolder/resolder any part of my psp to replace the screen?
3. Is there any variation possible in the two screens (parts being changed over time or whatever)?

Thanks.
I once wrote:My head may be in the clouds, but the view up here is breathtaking.
"What kind of a monster are you?"
"The kind that killed your family."

vb_master

Re: PSP screen

Post by vb_master » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:27 am

Mageslayer wrote:I'm looking for a tutorial on how to put a screen from one psp onto another. I have a good psp with a scratched screen and a bricked psp with a good screen. So, questions:
1. Is it possible to FIX the gigantic scratch in my screen?
2: Do I have to desolder/resolder any part of my psp to replace the screen?
3. Is there any variation possible in the two screens (parts being changed over time or whatever)?

Thanks.
The PSP screen is ribbon cabled and clamped down, just pop the lever holding it down then swap them, insert all the way, and pop down the lever and it will be fine. They should both be Sharp or Samsung LCDs, and they are swappable.

Oh, and could I have the bricked PSP and broken screen, possibly free?

Mageslayer

Post by Mageslayer » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:18 pm

The bricked psp was kept for the purpose of the other one becoming broken. That and i already spent the money on it so I figure I can use it to learn/experiment with electronic mayhem. So sorry, but no. Thanks for the help though, I'll tell you how it goes.

EDIT: Actually I just thought of an idea, one that MIGHT be illegal (I honestly don't know for sure) so I won't discuss it here. Let's just say I may have 2 working psps by the end of the day..... Mwahahaha
I once wrote:My head may be in the clouds, but the view up here is breathtaking.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:35 pm

Mageslayer wrote:EDIT: Actually I just thought of an idea, one that MIGHT be illegal (I honestly don't know for sure) so I won't discuss it here. Let's just say I may have 2 working psps by the end of the day..... Mwahahaha
Just use the U.P. and unbrick it... That's what I was going to do, if I could ever get it installed.

Mageslayer

Post by Mageslayer » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:41 pm

WELL... For future reference, what's the u.p.? As for my problem today, let us simply say that I have 2 psps. Now on these psps are serial number stickers which could (in theory) be switched with one another without looking out of place. Now eb games, possibly along with other stores, uses the serial number sticker to scan into the computer to make sure your psp is the one you actually bought. So it's POSSIBLE to switch your serial number stickers, take your brick in and trade it for a working psp.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:51 pm

Mageslayer wrote:WELL... For future reference, what's the u.p.? As for my problem today, let us simply say that I have 2 psps. Now on these psps are serial number stickers which could (in theory) be switched with one another without looking out of place. Now eb games, possibly along with other stores, uses the serial number sticker to scan into the computer to make sure your psp is the one you actually bought. So it's POSSIBLE to switch your serial number stickers, take your brick in and trade it for a working psp.
The Undiluted Platinum, a PSP modchip. Costs $90. Almost impossible to install.