Can't find BIOS upgrade

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator
Can't find BIOS upgrade

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:39 pm

Ok I'll cut to the chase, I installed Ubuntu 6.06 on my Gateway 700s tower computer. I'm getting a Grub Error 18, which means that I have an out of date BIOS. I've check the Gateway website, done a few searches on google, and sent a message to Gateway (no response yet).

What I'd like to get help on from you guys is if you know where I can get a BIOS update/upgrade for the computer. I'll take one that by Gateway, or I'll take a generic one. If you know it will work on my machine I'll be gratful, I need this machine up and running.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:08 pm

What's the motherboard model?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:02 pm

Well to answer your question indirctly, problem solved. Gateway sent a responce that (hoping) will solve the problem. As for a dirct answer... don't know. The sheet that I have from Gateway that tells me about my hardware, coisedently, lack any real info as to the motherboard.

I'll lock this thread. If someone has a simalar computer, and needs the link I have PM/Email me.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.