some video issues

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

csurban
Portablizer
some video issues

Post by csurban » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:46 pm

ok... I finished my protable N64 (pics will be up when fully debugged :wink: ) but I have one very large problem... video interfernce. Now I know for a fact the power supply is not the issue because im running the screen and N64 with a AC power brick rated 7.2v at 2.1 amps and I know it is not the screen because when I use the screen the watch T.V., I get no interferince. My 3.3v line to the N64 has a 100uf cap on it and works fine. Now tell me if this is plasuable, my 12v line has nothing to cut interferience. Could my raw 7.2 line be causing the interferience to the AV portion of the mobo? I can see this happening because I heard the the 3.3v is for the CPU and the 12v is for the AV units. P.S. If it makes a defference, I get the same prob with the batteries also.
nope... can't think of anything I could possibly want to put in my Signature Block...

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:52 pm

For one of my screens I had to put a cap on the video line. That might help (I don't know what value it was though).

csurban
Portablizer

Post by csurban » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:07 pm

when you say video line... do you mean the line between the N64 mobo video output and the screen's video input?
nope... can't think of anything I could possibly want to put in my Signature Block...

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:24 pm

csurban wrote:when you say video line... do you mean the line between the N64 mobo video output and the screen's video input?
Yes, what screen are you using? My screen that needed the cap would change tint at almost every major screen change (like bringing up the start menu). I've never had problems with the PSone screen doing this.

csurban
Portablizer

Post by csurban » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:34 pm

well... upon further inspection. i found that the screen PLUS the mobo adds together interferience. When using both together it gets preety bad but when playing on a T.V. or watching TV on the screen, the inferince is barly noticible, BUT it IS there! Im guessing that the power line is to blame as both the screen and mobo are getting disrupted. @vskid: I have a standard PSOne Screen. My interfirence is not like yours. mine happens ALL the time and is just like little lines of black moving diagnolally across the screen. They get big and then shrink constantlly alternating at persise intervals. At times the lines get bigger and more numerous and other times they are so small you can hardly see them. has anyone had this problem and knows how to fix it? im at a loss :cry: