PSTwoSP -In Slow But Steady Progress-

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:07 pm

Well, yes replacing a fuse would do the trick, but after installing [or trying to] the modchip, it just turns on w/ no audio and video, and i replaced the fuses but it doesn't work. No worry, as this will not be any concern as im just going to use the chip on my ps2m. this will be my 3rd one. Say, how's your's coming for CTFan?? I would love to see it sometime. :D
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:29 pm

Thanks for interest. I just relocated the controller ports and memory card ports, and finished installing the heatsinks. This thing is TINY without the memory card and controller ports! I'm sure you know.

I think I may have pics sometime soon! :P

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:06 pm

Here's an update! The case is painted a TRUE satin silver! I was trying to find the best silver paint in ONE can and couldn't, so I thought of using metallic silver, and then using a clear Satin finish, and IT WORKS!!! Here we go:

ImageImage
ImageImage

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:39 am

I recieved my PSTwo and the guy i bougt it off of said that he would close the lid after he turned on the thing and it would play games only like that. I check if it plays when turnedon and it DOES- but the reason why it wouldnt play discs is disgusting- THERE"S BUG DUNG AND DEAD BUGS IN IT!!!!! EWWWW!!!

Wow, that was unexpected. After the PS2M is done sometime tomorrow or maybe today, this baby will not be far behind. :o :o :o :o

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:25 pm

Well, im trying to get the controller rewired but for some reason it keeps hitting the right direction and it won't let up, like a glitch or something. Im ordering one of those third party controllers with no logos and such. perhaps i can perform it easily with that instead of the SONY suck ones. Here's a pic to update progress. I;ve also got the screen hooke up nicely and the real only thing to go is getting thos buttons rewired and the case for the screen molded and painted.

PSTwoSP- 50%

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:59 am

As for the wiring, there could be a short or more somewhere. As for the progress, infinitely better than the PS2m. >_> I didn't like the PS2m. <_< But, may I suggest you mod the screen with LEDs? With the PStwo drawing all those amps and what not, the last thing you need is a screen drawing a whole amp.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:23 am

Well i know that, i just plan on leaving it there for the time being. Yes, the PS2M is the most rediculously hard project EVER. This one just has slight trouble spots that can be EASILY overcome. That 3rd party controller should help this baby get to like 75%.

PSTwoSP- 50%

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:24 pm

And yet, this one is better. To me, it seems like the ps2m is just a ps2 painted gold with a screen mounted, with a little added to the screen case. This one is pretty cool, with the controller and all.
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:24 pm

Thanks. Yes this one was expected to be the bomb compared to the PS2M, but that is basically what you said, although it has a 14.4v 10Amp battery for ultimate portablility and a modchip with a fantastically slimmed profile. I dont really know which one to play more, i like each one equally, but i like the PS2M more because of all the time I've spent on it when it's finnally done i will enjoy it very much, that is if it ever does get done. :?

PSTwoSP- 50%

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:08 pm

It seems like you barely even had to open the PS2m. This seems like you had to put forth a decent effort. I don't see how the first one was so hard, honestly. but I have never touched the inside of a ps2.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:50 pm

That's quite understandable. What makes is so hard is that you have to get the 100% working mobo and test it, then desolder the usb, a/v connector, and the optical unit. Afterwards, the case was HARD to mentally visualize so space was an issue at one time.

Not to mention the paint, molding in the switches, wiring up the internal switches and spacing, internal placement of the battery packs and somehow getting cool air to flow for convection cooling in the unit so it doesnt overheat- which is a big issue when you dont have space for a heatsink so i used a 60mm x 60mm x 10mm cpu cooling fan and a 40mm x 40mm x 10mm radio shack fan in the rear where the a/v ports are to take the air out of the system.

Also a $200 Li-Polymer battery isnt the easiest and most comfortable hacking and rewiring to fit. The wire to charge the battery is going to be connected to the rear of the screen so where you normally hookup the 7.5vdc is actually the battery charge. I had to rewire the a/v plug to be able to fit the screen in the center of the rear.

The screen case was a female of the dog species to get going good. Fist the bondo i used wasnt A quality so decided to use Permatex 5min. Plastic Weld. and then repaint it and LED mod the screen for PERFECT lighting and trimming the one-off case to fold without a problem.

Finally, all the OLDER V5 mobo's i was using were not the most sturdy moddable boards, so i ordered a modchip and a v10 mobo, but my laser seems to be dirty, and now that it's clean, i had to order a new ribbon cable for the eject/reset buttons. WOW. This is all happening on the weekend and nights i dont have homework.

Well, depending upon who you are, this is either a total waste of time, or one hell of an investment. This is realy supposed to be abouth e PSTwoSP, but oh well.

The PSTwoSP is actually easier, only reason why it had a slow start is because the controllers werent the easiest thing to rewire and soldering a modchip isnt' within my skill level [sadly]. I used IDE wire to do the Composite switch for the screen and the contoller shell is not hard to hack. Paint went pretty good as i looks like a dream and im going to led modd the screen soon. The last obstacle to make it porable is actually the battery and a DC-DC regulator that i may buy from Segasonicfan, and i have a 11.1v 8800mAh li-ion battery to be used as a battery pack you can just clip to the side of your jeans or belt. Thanks for the intersest and i DEFINANTLY see why you think the PS2M shouldnt be so hard and why it's not done yet. 8)

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:46 pm

I got the controller and man it's great!!! The L and R buttons are on a PCb that's wired to the main controller pcb by the + wire, and out put of the 1 and 2 buttons of each!!! If I knew it were this easy, I would have ordered it earlier, now i know!! Here's a pic: More will come later!!!

PSTwoSP- 50%

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:33 pm

Yeah, it's awesome for modding. But the buttons just don't have quite the same feel as a first-party dual shock. Gotta push 'em just a bit harder. Still, it's worth it for the modability.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:57 am

Hey, whats the exact controller you used, this could help me....a lot

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:28 pm

Here;s the link . Yeah im gettting ready to cut a frame for the screen after i led mod it then it will be looking smooth!!

PSTwoSP- 50%