What do I need for the best picture?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

sammy
What do I need for the best picture?

Post by sammy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:32 am

I'd like to have the best possible picture that a GC can output (the one with the digital output). I've seen component cables, but they are kinda expensive and I don't have component input at my tv.

The inputs I do have are:
-scart
-S-video
-HDMI (I've never seen a cable that fits in that input...)
-composite

I believe the scart has the ability to input RGB, but I don't think it would also include the progressive scan. I'm also using an AV selector, but that can be bypassed if necessary.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:50 am

SCART is really a pin form, like RCA. You are correct that you can get RBG out of the GameCube. If you wanted the best quality RGB is the way to go. If you can't get RGB, S-Video is the next best.

And unfortunetly the GameCube never had high-def graphics cablibity. So HDMI isn't going to exsist. It may not even exsist for the Wii (don't make a big deal about it).
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.