PSTwoP

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Harshboy
Portablizer
PSTwoP

Post by Harshboy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:15 pm

Well, i'm finally gonna try to make a PSTwoP. I've talked it over with my parents and for christmas im gonna get all of the supplys. Now i'm gonna need a few things from you guys...actually just 2.

1.) What is the most efficient battery in voltage, amp, and size wise.

2.) This question is gear'd towards segasonicfan. How and what is the best way to route the PSOne Screens wires down to the motherboard? Did you make your own hole or a pre made one?

Just some more info:

The PSTwo will be modded with the plastic lid switch thingies that will allow the lid to open and play DVD+/-R backups via the Swapmagic 3.6 or 3.8 Coder disks. I'll be using the RGB for Games/Composite for DVD Videos switch.

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:09 pm

i would definitly reccomend some li-polys from batteryspace if you are looking for a long playtime, not sure if the voltage would work though, what voltage does the PStwo take?

they have some kickass 10 Amp li-polys in now that sure as hell would cost a lot and are probably a decent size but the 5.6 Amp ones are probably much smaller and definitly wont burn as big a hole in your wallet

i would also say check how much room you will have for these in your case, (if you decide you want to use them), they are small but can still take up a lot of space if you get some with a large capacity. they have the dimensions of each single battery on there website
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:18 pm

aint my wallet the money comes out of :P Yeah, i'll probally look at Li-Polys.

The PSTwo takes 8 Volts and the PSTwo and PSOne screen both use around 3 Amps. So a 10 Amp Li=poly would last crazy long.

Turbo Tax 1.0

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:28 pm

im not sure if two would power it then, they are supposed to be 3.6 volts each they probably give off a little more though, maybe an email to segasonic fan about how many li-polys he used
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:38 pm

Dang....I PMed him before and he never responded. Could i possibly get a 10.8 Volt setup and run it through a 7808, my concern is the 1A output limit. Anyone know of any better ones. I think i just saw it on here somewhere...

EDIT: Segasonicfan, if you are reading this, i want to ask you how you slimmed down the R and L triggers. I'm experimenting with a busted controller right now, and i think i've found a simple way. I chopped some parts off of the trigger holders, and i've been able to get two of the R1 size triggers to fit into the trigger holders. Is this what you did?

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:34 pm

If anyone has any 3rd party controllers for PS2 and doesnt mind opening it up and tell me if it uses PCB, or some crazy stuff found in Sony's controllers.

Or, can you tell me how to extend the R1, R2, L1, L2 buttons. I might put them on the back, the idea of having them on the front doesnt sound comfortable to me :?

Is there maybe a spot on the PCB part of the Dualshock controller (Not the papery plastic stuff) where i can solder some tact switches to for the R1, R2, L1, and L2 buttons?

Nonsense Man

Post by Nonsense Man » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:09 pm

Spark is that a N64p i spy in your sig?? :?

demonofaj
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:12 pm

Hmmm, I'm working on one now, but not getting far. I asked Skyone for some pinouts at the base. As in where the papery thing connects to, the port, and it has pins below. If you are at gamestop, and you see transparent controllers, see the bottom for pins...then I asked skyone for pinouts :mrgreen:.

Then, I had a LOT of busted N64 controllers...and the L,R, and Z button PCB's were the PERFECT sustitute to Tact switches...and then soldered grounds together, then soldered the other contact to the corresponding pin that signifiy commands such as L1,R1,L2,R2 :)
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:26 pm

Ok, thanks. I actually want to make a video or guide as i go so i can make a PSTwoP guide. So, i'll be contacting Skyone right about....now.

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:20 pm

Harshboy wrote:If anyone has any 3rd party controllers for PS2 and doesnt mind opening it up and tell me if it uses PCB, or some crazy stuff found in Sony's controllers.
I bought this third party controller for my PS2p. After a lot of searching of these forums, some one else mentioned the very same controller in a thread of months gone by. Check the seller's other auctions. They're still selling plenty of 'em. Not a bad controller. Feels a bit different than the regular Dual Shock though. I got it because I wanted a controller with which I could extend the shoulder buttons while keeping their analog functionality. I didn't actually test whether they are actually analog before I incorperated it into my PS2p. There's a chance they aren't. Then again, if you were thinking of using tact switches, it probably doesn't matter to you anyways. This controller is extremely easy to modify.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:46 pm

Is it possible for someone to convert this:

into this:

For those that know what im talking about, plase try this. I'm not sure of the pinouts.

demonofaj
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:07 pm

Eeek, well, first thing is first, learn what the serial number is, for on my PS2 controller, the pins are all one straight row...I believe the papery thing always has different traces for different model controllers. My FINAL advice, get a 3rd Party Controller which has to weird (donkey) paper thing, and is just one PCB, and then rewire the thing as so... :P
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:45 pm

Yeah, that was my second plan. I'm still wondering about the Battery. Having two of those 3.6 or 3.8 (Whatever they were) Volt 10 Amp batteries would be nice, but i'm not sure if it would power the PSTwo....hmm. Maybe i'll look for some powerful 8.4 Volt batteries.

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:41 pm

Harshboy wrote:Is it possible for someone to convert this:

into this:

For those that know what im talking about, plase try this. I'm not sure of the pinouts.
Is this what you want???

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:18 pm

WOW!! That's fantastic news!!! I emailed the dude who made the Palm PS2 and asked him the pinouts. GREAT!!! I can now finish up my ps2p later on.
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen