The Crocodile Hunter is dead

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:51 pm

Very sad, I remember when he was actually a respected man in his area (though he still is, although comical)...I always thought he'd get screwed over in a bloody crocidile death...tad irnoic. :(
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:30 pm

I didn't much care for him, I'm not that sad that he's dead. People die every day, it's nothing new.

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:32 pm

Man I never really liked him but now that hes dead I sorta like him now. But of all of the things a sting ray. If he would have died it would have been better to get killed by a crocodile. To still keep his rep even when hes dead. I SOLUTE YOU STEVE IRWIN!

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:48 pm

I would like to keep his honor with correct spelling.
I SALUTE YOU, STEVE IRWIN!

I was actually a big fan.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

limpport

Post by limpport » Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:59 pm

*sigh* Another hero of mine I never got to meet. :cry: There is still Bill Nye.

Also, SavageLych, I can't beleve, with all these people upset about Steve Irwin dying, you have the nerve to call him a retard, and totally disrespect A DEAD MAN! He died doing something he loved since a kid! Jerks like you shouldn't be on the forums.

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:01 am

calvary3a1 wrote:Oh, and you people who are saying its hilarious need to shut the hell up. Why is it funny that a guy with a wife and 2 young kids gets killed. Yea, he probably had it coming cause of what he does, but its still not funny. He was a good guy. Show a little respect.
Ugh... you took the words right out of my mouth. You guys are sick. There's nothing even slightly funny about this. Would it be funny if a friggin' stingray pierced your heart and instantly killed you? Your family would think that was real funny, wouldn't they? NO! SoBs...

Puff0rx

Post by Puff0rx » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:08 am

Wow. People are too serious. I laughed.

And apparantly he was really well-known in America. Over here everyone's like "meh".

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:19 am

Yes... yes, we're too serious about death. In reality, you know, if you really, really think about it, it actually quite funny when a loved one dies, isn't it? They should have videos on YouTube where some guy just like... goes around and kills people and then dances all over their body while the camera guy holds their family at gunpoint. That would be hilarious, wouldn't it?

All of you people laughing need to go kill yourselves. It would be so funny! Make sure you have your parents film it, it would definitely win them some money on America's Funniest Home Videos!

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:26 am

Make sure to write poems about death & depression before you do so, & then cut your wrists in a dark corner while crying.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:12 am

another sad loss, well thats what people will be saying for a week or so, and then the bad taste jokes will come :wink:

To add insult to injury he wasnt killed by a dangerous animal (well im comparison) appartly he's the only the 3rd ever stingray related death recored in the waters of australia.

He was one of those people who was so crap he was good :wink:

Ness

Post by Ness » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:57 am

He flirted with death one to many times...very ironic indeed that it was a STINGRAY!!! (Stabbed him in the chest and made a hole in his heart according to msn.com). He was a good person yes, but played his cards the wrong way.
Future WIP - X360L

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:55 am

Yes... yes, we're too serious about death. In reality, you know, if you really, really think about it, it actually quite funny when a loved one dies, isn't it? They should have videos on YouTube where some guy just like... goes around and kills people and then dances all over their body while the camera guy holds their family at gunpoint. That would be hilarious, wouldn't it?
Oh, get off your soap box, Electric Rain.

When a loved one dies in a car accident or due to an illness, it is tragic. You look up to the skies and ask, "God, why? What was your purpose in this? Why'd you take him/her-my piller of strength- away from me?"

Steve Irwin repeatedly put himself in danger and, therefore, was asking for this to happen. In effect, he did this to himself! His wife knows it as well.

Irony tends to be humorous.

MM007

Post by MM007 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:20 am

I'm becoming a bit concerned about this thread. Instead of respecting the man, several of you are disrespecting the dead, saying things you have no business saying.

I'm trying to be neutral on this, but the fact of the matter is that several of you are being insensitive and alienating other posters on this matter. I am not a huge fan of the man, but he died doing something he loved, and he's made a larger contribution than most of you likely have in his field.

Furthermore, the odds of getting stung by a stingray at all are apparently small, getting killed is highly unlikely, and pierced in the heart by a stingray, is a huge fluke. No one could have predicted that he would die in this particular instance, even a professional, though I concede he led a somewhat dangerous life.

I guess what I'm saying is this: Several of you are being insensitive to a man's death, beyond the realm of indifference/ignorance of the man and into pointlessly insulting him, which is something I would expect out of 4chan.

This thread is NOT going in a good direction. If you have an opinion that is respectful or at least objective and/or neutral, then post it. If you simply want to insult a dead man, please refrain from posting in this thread.
Warranty-Voiding fun!

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:31 am

MM007 wrote:I guess what I'm saying is this: Several of you are being insensitive to a man's death, beyond the realm of indifference/ignorance of the man and into pointlessly insulting him, which is something I would expect out of 4chan.
There's actually a sticky on /b/ memorialising him...
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult

MM007

Post by MM007 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:23 am

madc0w wrote:
MM007 wrote:I guess what I'm saying is this: Several of you are being insensitive to a man's death, beyond the realm of indifference/ignorance of the man and into pointlessly insulting him, which is something I would expect out of 4chan.
There's actually a sticky on /b/ memorialising him...
Yeah, and if you've skimmed the thread, they're acting like the typical /b/ to the news, though a few are reacting with respect to the event. Someone even had enough respect to post a Sad Kitten picture. I hardly expect someone to read a thread upwards of 3000 posts, though.

Also I would like to say 4chan is only for 18+, especially /b/, partially due to images there, and partially due to the sheer brain-rot. DO NOT GO THERE IF YOU ARE A MINOR. PLEASE.
Warranty-Voiding fun!