Autorun CD and GUI

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Harshboy
Portablizer
Autorun CD and GUI

Post by Harshboy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:45 pm

I'm working on a game and i was wondering how i could actually make the cd autorun and boot a menu to install 2 .exe files. Like you click a button and it acts like you double clicked a exe on the disk. How can i do this?

I'd also settle for it loading a webpage (off the cd, not the internet) that will take you to a directory on the CD to double click the exe file. Is there anyway to do this. I know of a way, but how can i do it to make the CD Drives Drive letter right?

Any help? Is this impossible? Can anyone help make a GUI?

vb_master

Re: Autorun CD and GUI

Post by vb_master » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:19 pm

Harshboy wrote:I'd also settle for it loading a webpage (off the cd, not the internet) that will take you to a directory on the CD to double click the exe file. Is there anyway to do this. I know of a way, but how can i do it to make the CD Drives Drive letter right?

Any help? Is this impossible? Can anyone help make a GUI?
Yes, you can do this. I know of something that used it.

Code: Select all

[autorun]
OPEN=AUTORUN.HTML
ICON=ICON.ICO
Put that in a file called autorun.inf in the root of the CD, and it will autorun the HTML menu, provided you did it properly.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:52 pm

When i test it (Right-click, install) it says "Installation Failed"

Whats going on?

EDIT:

Example of the GUI button thingy i want Sadly, I still get the "Installation failed" error :cry:

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:12 pm

Harshboy wrote:When i test it (Right-click, install) it says "Installation Failed"

Whats going on?

EDIT:

Example of the GUI button thingy i want Sadly, I still get the "Installation failed" error :cry:
You're not supposed to right click install, you're supposed to burn it to a CD. Actually, I am wrong with that. Try this:

Code: Select all

[autorun]
open=rundll32.exe url.dll,FileProtocolHandler index.htm
Burn that to a CD with index.htm in the root, it will launch index.htm when you insert the CD.