Questions

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

johnnyC
Questions

Post by johnnyC » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:08 pm

1) Can any of the Atari TV games made by Jakks Pacific be modified to play Atari 2600 carts?

2) There is a C64 TV game with 30 built in games. Can it be made to play actual C64 games?

3) I have an old portable DVD player with a 7inch TFT screen. Could I turn it into something? Maybe a portable NES, or something? What about A/V input?

4) How hard would it be to make a portable Sega Saturn?

5) I have this thing called a Dance Master 3. It has a cheapo DDR clone (no "lifebar", and a lot of the songs are just odd NES-sounding versions of hit songs like "Take on Me", "Indepentent Women Part 1", and "I Need to Know"), Tetris, and a "Pinball Game". The pinball game actually resembles the old NES Pinball game, but without any sign of the Nintendo name anywhere. Does this have an NOAC?

totokan

Re: Questions

Post by totokan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:11 pm

johnnyC wrote:1) Can any of the Atari TV games made by Jakks Pacific be modified to play Atari 2600 carts?

2) There is a C64 TV game with 30 built in games. Can it be made to play actual C64 games?

3) I have an old portable DVD player with a 7inch TFT screen. Could I turn it into something? Maybe a portable NES, or something? What about A/V input?

4) How hard would it be to make a portable Sega Saturn?

5) I have this thing called a Dance Master 3. It has a cheapo DDR clone (no "lifebar", and a lot of the songs are just odd NES-sounding versions of hit songs like "Take on Me", "Indepentent Women Part 1", and "I Need to Know"), Tetris, and a "Pinball Game". The pinball game actually resembles the old NES Pinball game, but without any sign of the Nintendo name anywhere. Does this have an NOAC?
1) I think that's a NOAC.
2) Yes
3) Open it up and check to see if the inputs are labled on the board.
4) I dont know. Probably hard
5) Probably.
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

johnnyC

Re: Questions

Post by johnnyC » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:02 pm

totokan wrote: 1) I think that's a NOAC.
2) Yes
3) Open it up and check to see if the inputs are labled on the board.
4) I dont know. Probably hard
5) Probably.
So, the 2600 thing uses an NOAC?

Also, could I use the C64DTV (I did research after posting this, BTW), or perhaps the possibly superior Hummer model for the creation of a crude C64 Laptop?

And if I get some pics of the inside of the DM3, I'll post them, but only if I cannot identify anything as either being an NOAC or not being close to said thing.

totokan

Post by totokan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:07 pm

1)Unless it's a flashback or flashback 2, the atari thing is probably a NOAC with atari games for it.
2) I'm pretty sure you could, if you have skillz or someone with them who's willing to help.
3) The DM3 is most likely a NOAC, check that big NOAC guide, I'm sure someone has a link to it still...
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:40 pm

totokan wrote:1)Unless it's a flashback or flashback 2, the atari thing is probably a NOAC with atari games for it.
Actually, only the Flashback 2 utilizes an AOAC, the FB1 uses an NOAC. Or maybe it was the other way around.....either way, only one actually has an AOAC in it. :lol:

CTFan

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:47 pm

*looks at fb2 rig*
I am pretty sure it is the fb2 that is a AOAC. It was origianlly intended that it would have an atari cartridge slot, but they cut it out. There are still solder points for the wires to go to it now, though. And a place for the jumper to disable built ins.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

demonofaj
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:ajsen1gma
Steam ID:demonofaj

Post by demonofaj » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:41 pm

I shall type this with passion, and anger :P

Atari was once a glorious company, infamous for introducing a succesful Home Entertainment System (ZOMG NOOB, NINTENDO diD TAT lLOL). And from there life pretty much sucked for them. Now it's just making Dragonball Z games (*sigh*). But they were considerate, thinking about their prior success and made a retro compaliation, the Flashback 1. Alas, crappy Nintendo on a Chip emulation broke it up (you can't have Atari games on a Nintendo, we want low quality flashing asteroid blocks, not classy full nintendo ones!). So hearing this reign of awesome Atari fans...they made the Flashback 2...this being the GENIUNE Atari on a Chip, enabling Atari slots to go in...finalazation came...AND...no slot. SOB's corporate asses. Well, the developers were kind enough to keep the cart indications silkscreened onto the board. Just jump the chip and solder in your own 24 pin Atari Cart Slot. Look on the web for a guide: Flashback 2 Cartridge or some crap like that.

Here's a guide. Have fun.

Bottom Line: FLASHBACK 2 CAN BE USED AS AN AOAC.
"Life's a female of the dog species, then you die.."