thinking about building a arcade cabinet- questions

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:39 pm

Get a video card that has composite out.

Indigno

Post by Indigno » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:49 pm

ganonbanned wrote:alright thanks a lot for helping guys, 4 more questions: (sorry :roll: ) but is there aby way I can get my tv to be used as the moniter for the computer? also what are good DC emulators that play online? and what kind of PC should I use? also, I read somewhere that burned games eventually will destroy the dreacast because its harder to read them is that true?

thanks a lot.
I believe that that is a myth put out by sega to discourage it. Though I am not entirely sure, but my friend never had any problems and it still runs fine.

If your going to dedicate a PC to emulators, you really shouldn't need anything better than 900mhz (to be safe, but you could probably go a lot lower). If you don't want a bootup screen, you could probably configure a non-graphical version of linux to automatically boot MAME and list all of the ROMS and let you select which one you want to play. I don't know how complicated it would be but I'm positive it could be done.
Getting a tan while everyone else is in a blizzard... >.<

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:27 pm

the dreamcast has a special disc drive and is meant to read the hyper compressed GCD for the Dreamcast games

Translation:

a burnt CD is the same as anything else and is the same format so there is no problems in the department of burnt CDs on the DC so don't worry
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature