PS2 RGB...If you've done it please come here!

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:58 am

but I feel this needs to be adressed...

IF YOU WANT TO PLAY JUST GAMES, THIS DOESN't PRETAIN TO YOU!
THE RGB LINES ONLY ACT UP WITH DVDs

That reminder being said,

the modchip Segasonicfan used seems to be the only way to have our cake and eat it too,

However, isn't it true that the dvd player in the pstwo has multiple lens, each seperated for a different task?

That being said, couldn't the "DVD Lens" Be found and disconnect its sorta of "ok the dvd lens is playing" wire? Or is this green tint thing buried way deep into the code?
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:10 am

segasonicfan wrote:Yeah, I did have that on my PS2. The PSOne screen enters composite mode automatically when a sync line is detected at the composite input. So a simple on/off switch can do the job.

-Segasonicfan
let me see if i understand... is this what you did???

Edit: Image Removed to disperse confussion... use the image on my next post
Last edited by davicoro on Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:03 am

That's my understanding of it as well. I believe that is in fact what he did, and what I'm going to do until I get my modchip. Though I'm curious if it's correct as well.

Edit: Well, that didn't work. Actually it did (the screen restarted into what I assume was composite mode), but it was in black and white.

Edit2: I forgot about going into the PS2 options and switching it back over to composite. I thought that might be why it was in black and white. But no, it remained B&W.

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Sat Aug 19, 2006 5:44 am

if the other one dont work...

will this one work???

Edit: Image also have been Removed to disperse confussion... use the image on my next post
Last edited by davicoro on Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:04 am

I should probably mention that I'm using the little A/V board. That might have something to do with my problem of B&W.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Aug 19, 2006 11:18 am

The only TRUE way to get rid of it is to mod your system, but if you don't want to do that, just do the switch that your talking about. On the version 1-6 consoles, there is a chip called the A3525BR. It's mostly in the top left of the mobo, solder the 4th pin in - to the right- ontop of the SONY mark on the chip to ground. This will disable the green screen. Now the only other way for all other version consoles is to get a modchip, or use the composite sync switch. That's all that's going to happen for now.

PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:15 pm

Okay, so I've solved one problem and come up with another. In order to get composite video from the little A/V board to the mainboard, you have to solder a wire to a spot on the bottom of the A/V board. Basically, you figure out which one is Composite from here. Then you also splice in a wire to Composite In, with an on/off switch between them. Now you can switch to composite video whenever you like. The C Sync line has nothing to do with it.

Of course, if you're not using the A/V board, then you just need to connect composite from the system to composite on the screen. That's it.

The new problem I spoke of earlier, is that when composite takes over, I'm not getting any audio. If I switch back over to RGB, I hear it. Switch back to composite, no audio. Why this is, I can't figure out. Doesn't RGB use the same audio lines as composite? Why should there be any issues? Argh.

Edit: Wait a minute. In the picture above (the modified one from the screen sticky), it shows two Right Audio Ins and two Left Audio Ins. Perhaps one is for RGB, the other is for Composite. I wonder what would happen if I just connected each of the Rights together and each of the Lefts together. Hmm.

Edit2: It works! Woo!

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:29 am

Then... is this what you do???

Kyosho
Portablizer

Post by Kyosho » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:47 pm

Yeah that's it. I'm not even sure if you actually need to connect the audio lines together if you're not using the A/V board. Then again, I cut off half of my A/V board so it wouldn't block the power port on the PS2. So maybe I cut off a part that connects those audio lines inadvertently.

Basically, just make your Composite switch, use it, and see if you get audio. If you don't, then tie them together.

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:29 pm

great... i test it and is great... i compare the dvd video and the true colors composite look better than the cool green RBG... so the Composite/RBG switch is my option for my portable. use this image to do the trick
just turn on composite to disable rbg... it can be done during game play whitout any risk... this is a cheap way to get rid of the green tint

i remove the image on my others post to disperse posible confussion

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:00 pm

Hi... just one update to my image to connect the psone screen and the pstwo using a switch to "switch" from rbg to composite (remove the green tint on dvd play back)...

i include the voltage input and some lines to ground... i hope it help to the comunity

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:41 am

Wow! That's just PERFECT!! Great job. This just saved my portable. I could NOT get that chip installed so i just decided to stop. This means i can EASILY finish within like 2 months or so. WOW!!
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:03 am

good luck on your project... let us know how you go whit it!!!!

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:25 am

segasonicfan

Post by segasonicfan » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:40 pm

It looks like this thread went a little astray...

The problem with PS2 RGB I have found is actually a compatibility error between the slim PSTwo and the PSOne/Zenith LCD screens. Since I finally have a full analogue RGB monitor setup at my place I can now hookup my Slim PSTwo to a non-PSOne RGB input...it works perfect. So let me re-summarize the problem:

The PSOne LCD screen is slightly incompatible with the Slim PSTwo RGB output. After 20-30 min of gameplay the screen experiences a slight green tint. The fix for this was the mixing of the RGB lines which does a temporary job...but after mixing a few times (i.e. hours of play) the green tint just stays.

I believe this is due to the PSOne's component video capabilites...the sync input on the screen is labeled "Y" signifying the Y input of a component connection (unlikely to be Luminance/Y from S-video as the screen was never made to support it).

Anyway, I doubt this will ever be fully fixed but I just thought I would clarify. This is something COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from the DVDs in RGB which simply requires a mod chip. The mod chip does not fix this problem.

-Segasonicfan