NOAC?

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

Krip
NOAC?

Post by Krip » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:31 am

I'm pretty electronically savvy so I'm not a total noob, but I'm seeing the word "NOAC" everywhere in this forum and have no idea what that is and stands for? Can somebody explain? It's buggin' the hell out of me!!! I've tried to look it up here and even Googled it - with no luck.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:34 am

Please use the search function, you're not the first to ask this question. NOAC stands for NES on a Chip. In short it's the whole NES/Famicom reduced to one microchip and it's typicly the center of the most NESp that are built.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

rune_great

Re: NOAC?

Post by rune_great » Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:34 am

Krip wrote:I'm pretty electronically savvy so I'm not a total noob, but I'm seeing the word "NOAC" everywhere in this forum and have no idea what that is and stands for? Can somebody explain? It's buggin' the hell out of me!!! I've tried to look it up here and even Googled it - with no luck.
NOAC means "Nes On A Chip"

In other words. A complete Nintendo entertainment system crammed into a single chip.
Hell yeah!!

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:19 pm

Have you ever seen those controllers that plug into a tv and supposedly have
like a 1000 games that all look like there from the nintendo. Those usually are a Nes on a Chip. If they have a cartridges slot you can almost be sure.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure