DS homebrew

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

ganonbanned
DS homebrew

Post by ganonbanned » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:58 pm

Hello, i would like to Port heretic and hexen to the DS Here
but i dont exactly know what to do. i can get a card writer/reader,and CF cards, but do i need anything else? i have a DS lite i got the day it came out, and a regular DS i got in early july of 2005. could i get them on the same cartridge?

Thanks,
Ty

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Re: DS homebrew

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:03 pm

ganonbanned wrote:Hello, i would like to Port heretic and hexen to the DS [url=http://www.dsrevolution.com%2 icle.php%3 icleid=562]Here[/url]
but i dont exactly know what to do. i can get a card writer/reader,and CF cards, but do i need anything else? i have a DS lite i got the day it came out, and a regular DS i got in early july of 2005. could i get them on the same cartridge?

Thanks,
Ty
List:

A flashcart / adapter
(if adapter): a normal/mini/micro sd or cf
the program
A superkey/passcard 3/max media launcher or flashed ds

SS ( I have all of these for sale )
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:06 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:
ganonbanned wrote:Hello, i would like to Port heretic and hexen to the DS [url=http://www.dsrevolution.com%2 icle.php%3 icleid=562]Here[/url]

Thanks,
Ty
List:

A flashcart / adapter
(if adapter): a normal/mini/micro sd or cf
the program
A superkey/passcard 3/max media launcher or flashed ds

SS ( I have all of these for sale )
cool, what is the program?
also, how do i flash the DS?

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 6:46 pm

Well, the program is whatever you want to run. And unless your willing to risk your ds/dsl, then I would reccomend just using the superkey. Besides, you need a superkey to flash it.

I've explained this sooo many times... Someone do it for me!

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:01 pm

ganonbanned wrote: cool, what is the program?
The program is flashme.nds and you flash it by using a passme or superkey or something, and then run the flashme.nds program. You have to bridge the sl1 contacts which are behind the battery pack in order to flash it. Plug your DS in while you do this, because if your battery pack disconnects while its flashing it, your ds is toast. Also, I've heard that on a DS Lite, the contacts are harder to get to or something.

Here is a page about it.

EDIT: grammar :oops:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:21 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
ganonbanned wrote: cool, what is the program?
The program is flashme.nds and you flash it by using a passme or superkey or something, and then run the flashme.nds program. You have to bridge the sl1 contacts which are behind the battery pack in order to flash it. Plug your DS in while you do this, because if your battery pack disconnects while its flashing it, your ds is toast. Also, I've heard that on a DS Lite, the contacts are harder to get to or something.

Here is a page about it.

EDIT: grammar :oops:
FlashMe

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:48 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:Also, I've heard that on a DS Lite, the contacts are harder to get to or something.
A contact directly on the battery.

To flash:

TIGHTLY wrap up some foil, to where it would fit in it, but not touching the sides. Now, you MUST wrap the foil in tape. (There are 3, yes I said 3 contacts in that hole) 1 is connected to the battery. You dont want to touch that. You want to touch the 2 half circles. Just put it in, and if the percentage is counting up, then LET IT! If its passed 50% then you can't brick it ACCIDENTLY. Once it gets to one hundred percent (100%), then your good.

Don't try flashing flashme_lite on the original ds's. It wont boot! (Well, it wouldn't on my old one)

To boot code, if your flashcard doesn't auto boot at start, then you will have to hold a+b+x+y.

And if your ds turns off before flashing is complete, then you have to hold certain buttons to failsafe it. (someone remind me) Then just reboot flashme and it will resume.

This is all from flawless memory.

SS