PSOnes aren't PSXs

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:05 pm

i use psx to mean the old playstation 1 console. to me, a PSOne is one of thos newfangled smaller ones.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

opadave2000

Post by opadave2000 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:54 pm

I gotta hang with Klefmung and Triton - it alternates between "You wasted money on THAT?" or "Could you get your crap off the table (or counter or floor or.....)?" although it can be "That thing." LOL At least she doesn't call it a PSX.
Buy it, open it, modify it ;-)

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:10 am

To my dad, everything was called a Playstation.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:11 am

Even books & cars & other random stuff? :P

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:16 am

atari2600a wrote:Even books & cars & other random stuff? :p
"why don't you play on your PlayStation or something?" I never even had a PlayStation back then which was the irony! He even called the Mega Drive 'PlayStation' before PlayStation was out... He should have copyrighted that name... He'd be pretty rich.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

Jimmy

Post by Jimmy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:43 am

If he copyrighted it, Sony would have just called it something else. Like GameStation.
I'm totally the 2008th member.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:03 am

I gotta say. My dad calls every Nintendo system I own the "nintendo" and my mom calls it the "headache."

But that's by far not as bad as my portables being called "gameboys."

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:46 am

Skyone wrote: But that's by far not as bad as my portables being called "gameboys."
damn right :P happens to me to
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:31 pm

Skyone wrote: But that's by far not as bad as my portables being called "gameboys."
Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:
damn right :P happens to me to
So I'm NOT the only one! :P It is rather insulting, especially since they know it's my own creation and they just HAVE to call it "gameboy" :roll: . Hey, it's not as bad as what they used to call it: "That piece of crap". :lol:

CTFan

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:45 am

Hell I try telling my parents what I am trying to do and they call 'em "stupid game projects"

and don't let that crap affect your school work (school hasn't even started yet)

That is insulting
Last edited by Krepticor on Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

MM007

Post by MM007 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:50 am

I sometimes call the grey Playstation a PSX, especially on these forums where it is a common name, because it was PlaySyation Experimental, but am trying to get away from it. I called is the PS0 for a while, (PlayStation Zero) but my family started calling it "POS" instead. Now I call it "The Original PlayStation", The Grey PlayStation", "The Old School PlayStation", "Proto PlayStation", "PSGrey", "PSFat", or whatever else I feel like calling it at the time. I've been known to refer to them by SCPH number as well, calling my newest grey model the 9001, and my oldest grey model the 1001, which is short and sweet, but pretty ambiguous to someone unaware of the numbering system.
Warranty-Voiding fun!

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:26 pm

i used to call them PSX. now i call them PS1. i also call my portable N64 the "nintendo" and my PS2 "playstation."
ImageImage

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:46 pm

I call all my stuff "10 feet away, fool!"
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

LHoT

Post by LHoT » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:48 pm

My Mom calls all my systems by their name, my dad on the other hand, he calls my Gamecube and "Xbox", my PS2 "The black waste of space", my NES and Xbox (I think theres a size resemblence ;) ), my SNES "Nintendo", my PSones "Frisbees" <sarcasm>I didnt gut it then take the case frisbee golfing, nor did I take the guts, put them behind my dads car wheels and tel him to back up.</sarcasm>, last but not least, he calls my DS "The two screen gameboy" FOR CRALITY, THE NINTENDO DS IS NOT PART OF THE GAMEBOY LINE, IT IS SEPERATE, JUST CAPABLE OF PLAYING GAMEBOY ADVANCE GAMES.

I call my stuff by their names, except my PS2, I call that sh*t. ... so technically I am calling it by its name :P j/k (but I do call it sh*t)
I've passed Vertex^2 Expert :)

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:35 pm

C'mon, will everyone stop beating up the Ps2?$ony themselves are morons, but lets not take it out on Playstations 1-3.Thats like blaming Luke for being the son of Darth Vader.Well, actually thats in reverse, as Darth Vader is awesome. :P
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.