How to make 72 pin connector with floppy cables

Do you have a technical question that doesn't really fit a specific console? Want some general info on electronics, hacking, making cookies, etc? Here's the place to ask! Go nuts.

Moderator:Moderators

chanticlair281
How to make 72 pin connector with floppy cables

Post by chanticlair281 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:24 pm

I am wanting to find(or Make) a how to on making the 72 pin connector using the two floppy cables that Ben uses. Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:28 pm

Get some, chop 'em up. It is obvious. I figured it out. <_<
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

chanticlair281

Post by chanticlair281 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:06 pm

I was hoping to create a step by step, cut this piece, soder this wire there type pictured tuttorial.

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:00 am

Well, you will have to cut one side of it to where the opening is available. Do that on the other one. there is like, a wall in the middle of some of the connectors. heat up a knife on fire, slice through it. bam. now, since it is the connector at the end of a cable, it is already connected to wires. Solder those wires to the board. Bam. Connector
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)