Hi... JrPS2

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

davicoro
Hi... JrPS2

Post by davicoro » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:04 am

hi... for some weeks(or months maybe) i have working on a portable ps2 that im goin to call the JrPS2 (all the goods name like PS2p and PS2m was already taken... :( ) there still some thinks on the desing that i think i have to change (like adding the select/start ... i already the console (slim one) the battery that is a custom 8.4v 10a li-ion (ten of This battery) and the psone screen

this is a preview of the think...

im still need to add the sellect ans start to that desing.... im also goin to add 1 usb port, 2 internal switchable ps1/ps2 memory cards and external ports for player 2 controller/memorycard... im also planing on put two blinking leds for the rumble function, for games like shadows of colossus you need to fell(in this case see) when you spot something...

i try to use the analog of the bottoms but is a pain. to find the way to doit... so i deside to use THIS soft felling bottom so they feel like the originals

i dont know what else to do whit this... i just have to find some time to finish this work.

any sugestion please let me know

Aquador

Post by Aquador » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:41 pm

You should put the joysticks below the buttons.

Rototiller

Post by Rototiller » Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:54 pm

Looks awesome so far. Do you have any progress pics :?: And change the name. How about ps2HH ? Or pstoo if you feel goofy?
what sig? i don't see anything...

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:01 pm

Trust me, the L1 & R1 thing you have going wouldn't work out too well. You'd have to have your fingers lying on the buttons like an arcade control panel.

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:38 pm

Yeah, listen to atari2600a, he does have a point. It really wouldn't work well with them right there.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:56 pm

I can tell you right now that rewiring the ps2 contoller is MUCH harder than it seems. You're probably thinking 'How hard can that be?' but simply wiring a button to the pin that supposedly operates a function doesn't simply work. maybe 2 or 3 buttons could do that, but not the L and R buttons. Just a heads up.
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:17 pm

Controller is actually easier than most say. Just use a third party controller using the 2st party controller shell.

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:19 pm

about the bottons layout... i actually use all gamepads like a arcade ...

Code: Select all

a hand

| | |  
 |  | | | |
  \ | | | |
  1 2 3 4 5
1- at base
2- for X and Square
3- for Triang and Circle
4- R1
5- L2

i allways buy a 6 bottons layout pad for my consoles... any way i goin to make two consoles... one whit 6 and one whit 4

on the controller rewiring ... i notice that i wont be easy... i just have a theory of how they work...

look at this pic ...

click to enlarge

A = ground
B = some kind of signal
C = Resistor or jumper that tell the controller the minimun ohms(maximun presure) wen a botton is pressed at full
D = Variable Resistor

my theory is that if i place a jumper from A to B and place a resistor of 20ohms (or 100ohms, or 1k) in paraller whit each bottom like these pic the controller must work

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:21 pm

that's a hell of a theory! :D :D I've been having difficulty with the re-wiring of my L and R buttons. this should help a helluva lot. So if i wire a button to the B pin and the pin that R1, R2. L1, and L2 pins are, they will work?? I sort of cant get my PSTwo to work cuase my modchip install wasnt 100% Those are some damn small contacts. My laser isnt working right, but i will test later. :wink:
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

gannon

Post by gannon » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:17 am

You're best bet for pressure sensitive buttons is to use a 3rd party controller, I'm 90% certain that the resistor/jumper setup will not give you that result, although it'd still work as a standard button.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:19 am

I don't think that the parallel resistor will do the trick, but you can try (and tell me how it goes). ;)

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:39 am

eastsider_1 wrote:that's a hell of a theory! :D :D I've been having difficulty with the re-wiring of my L and R buttons. this should help a helluva lot. So if i wire a button to the B pin and the pin that R1, R2. L1, and L2 pins are, they will work?? I sort of cant get my PSTwo to work cuase my modchip install wasnt 100% Those are some damn small contacts. My laser isnt working right, but i will test later. :wink:

lest use the picture again
click to enlarge

for the little research I made...
-each botton from they signal to -B- have a resistor value of arround 20K ohms when not pressed....
-the resistor that is from -A- to -B- is 5k ohms

i believe that the sistem detect full presure of a botton when it arrive the value of 5k... so one of these two way it will work...

A---

__S1
Botton Sig SQ--{__}----\
                  R1    |
                __S2    |
Botton Sig  X--{__}----{
                  R1    \ ____-B-__R2__-A-
                __S3    /
Botton Sig L1--{__}----{
                  R1    |
                __S4    |
all bottons  --{__}----/
                  R1 

R1   20Kohms
R2   5k

here... when a botton is pressed it will go direct from 20kohms to 0 ohms
or

B---

__S1
Botton Sig SQ--{__}--R2--\
                  R1      |
                __S2      |
Botton Sig  X--{__}--R2--{
                  R1      \ ____-B-__R3__-A-
                __S3      /
Botton Sig L1--{__}--R2--{
                  R1      |
                __S4      |
all bottons  --{__}--R2--/
                  R1 

R1=15k
R2=5k
R3=5k

here... when a botton is pressed it will go direct from 20kohms to 5kohms
just to be clear... this will not give you the analog funtion on the bottons... in theory will just help they to simply work as on/off, not analog

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:15 am

about the whole using leds so you know when its rumbling, why dont you just try some old cell phone vibraters. i know thats what segasonicfans portable used
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

davicoro

Post by davicoro » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:01 am

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:about the whole using leds so you know when its rumbling, why dont you just try some old cell phone vibraters. i know thats what segasonicfans portable used
thats a good idea but i just want to use leds on top of screen... i think it will be good...