Potential Screen Source...

If you're making a portable you probably need something to watch it on. (Unless you want to guess what's happening in the game, but I wouldn't advise that) Anyway, this forum is your "Hacking a pocket TV/screen" one-stop solution. Share your experiences and knowledge here.

Moderator:Moderators

joevennix
Portablizer
Potential Screen Source...

Post by joevennix » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:10 pm

This is odd, I was browsing shopeio when I stumbled upon this in the clearance section.

A 6.4" Color LCD with composite and analog RGB in for $40.00.

I know what everyone is thinking: oh, big deal, it's just the LCD panel, no controller. I thought this at first too. However, after reading through the datasheet it seems that it has a built in controller (on page 7 it tells you that pin 11 is composite in, etc.)

Anyone have the heads up on this one?
I did do a quick search, and I'm pretty sure no one has posted this before.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:16 pm

Whuddaf***. That's pretty sweet, but I'll wait for someone to confirm this.

;)

Another thing, it needs 12v... Good for a GCN/Xbox/PS2 portable.

But I doubt it is complete. Look in the kits section, same screen but it comes with a controller.

Weebl

Post by Weebl » Tue Aug 08, 2006 10:34 pm

I think this has been posted before on these forums, but I can't remember if anyone said they'd ordered the screen. Looks to be a good deal, though.
Women are like internet domain names; all the ones I like are taken
Check out my shameless abuse of free blogging here

Adeptus

Post by Adeptus » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:47 am

Description says "composite video ready"... to me that implies it doesn't need any extra circuitry.

The $99 kit includes cable & inverter - I guess if you buy the $40 LCD only, then you need to find your own cable & inverter?
Looks like the inverter in the kit is Sampo SE4602XS ($15), which means you're effectively paying $44 for the cable! :shock: