Gamecube video mods+GC info

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:28 pm

Turbo Tax 1.0 wrote:
Gamelver wrote:
before this, I wrote:All right here's a pinout of the power regulator voltages:

first of all here's how the power regulator board looks:

all you really have to worry about are pins 12-22. pin 13 is 3.4v, pins 16-18 are 1.9v, pin 21 is 12v, and pin 22 is 5v. also you have to make sure you have ground.
here's the pins on the GC ( that box with the lines is the heatsink....I suck at paint):

pins 2 and 13 need 3.4v, pins 6,7,16,17,18,19 need 1.9v, pin 10 needs 12v, and pins 11 and 22 need 5v. just make sure that the pins that I've grouped together, like 6, 7, 16, 17, 18, 19 are connected together. they should be, though.

and that's how you only need 5 wires to attach the gc power regulator board to the GC board!!!!!!!!!!!!! that "bit of bad news" was that a gc regulator had fried and so I ordered another one....

* oh yeah if you turn on your GC and you don't get any sound, try getting the 12v not from the pin on the GC power regulator, but directly from the actual GC ac adapter. I also tried that from the 14.8v li-poly battery pack and it worked fine.
today I got finished with the contoller wiring :D !!!!!!!!!!! finally!!!!!!! It was really hard to solder the wires to the controller chip, but I decided to just scrape off the white crap off the board, find out which copper traces connected to the pins I needed, and soldered to those instead. only took me 45 minutes, or so. sometime today or tommorow I'll completely finish all the wiring and on monday I hope to start working on the case. By the end of next week I hope to get the case built, and then I'll just put everything in there the week after that. and then....it shall be finished.......*goes off to dream about finishing the GCp*.......
I was following your advice and started doing a diagram on paper, but I've noticed that that's only 4 wires..

Here's what I've done, can you point out on it what's right and what's wrong or needs adding?

IMAGE REMOVED DUE TO INACCURACIES.
Last edited by EnterTheHatrix on Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.
vskid wrote:I'm safe, I live in Utah. :P

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:02 pm

that's just about perfect :)! The 1.9V has a few wrong pins, I think (from what I remember on wiring my last regulator :P) but it doesn't really matter, as the 1.9V connects with ground for some reason. If you could, change the diagram to show on the GC part that pins 21 and 10 should be together, and pins 11 and 21 should be together :).
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:44 am

Gamelver wrote:that's just about perfect :)! The 1.9V has a few wrong pins, I think (from what I remember on wiring my last regulator :P) but it doesn't really matter, as the 1.9V connects with ground for some reason. If you could, change the diagram to show on the GC part that pins 21 and 10 should be together, and pins 11 and 21 should be together :).
What I don't get is why you didn't use the pin arrangement as seen on the motherboard..
So I included it in red

gamemasterAS wrote:Solder is also bad for you, says on the spindal that its known to cause cancer in the state of California.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:37 am

well, I only used four wires because the GC only runs off 4 voltages :P. A little reverse engineering told me that ;). Makes it much easier to simply solder 5 wires rather than 22.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:38 pm

Gamelver wrote:well, I only used four wires because the GC only runs off 4 voltages :P. A little reverse engineering told me that ;). Makes it much easier to simply solder 5 wires rather than 22.
What's the 5th wire? *runs off to desolder 16 wires he's already soldered in*

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:58 pm

ground ;)

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:02 pm

Gamelver wrote:ground ;)
Which pins so I can add it to the diagram?

Can you also verify that my diagram works before I go and blow up my Gamecube?

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:05 pm

well, I know 1 and 12 are ground, but on the GC anywhere on the outside metal strip is ground, and on the dc-dc converter board I usually just use the negative input wire (which is, of course, simply ground). I'm 99% sure that diagram will work, though ;). THe only thing I'm not sure about is that 1.9V setup. I'll check it out when I go downstairs to work on my latest portable ;).

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:18 pm

1 and 12 on your pin diagram or 1 and 12 on the GC motherboard?

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:41 pm

on the GC mobo, I suppose. (it's the first one on each row at the far left)

Harshboy
Portablizer

Completed the GCp Guide

Post by Harshboy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:13 am

I was boared earlier today and desided to complete the GCp guide. Its runs a hefty 6 MB but contains info on:

Supplys Needed
PSOne Screen Hacking and Pinouts
PSOne LED Mod + Fixes and hacks
Gamcube Hacking and Pinouts
Vacumm Forming (To make a case)
Many diagrams

It is pretty much complete, the only other way to make this better is to make a video of someone making a GCp, but meh.

Download it here...or from my sig :wink:

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:58 pm

Has anyone tried this mod?

There wouldn't really be a point for this in a portable, but I wouldn't mind connecting my GC up to my surround sound system with optical.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:57 pm

I'de Recomend finding a Different Website that Carries Component Cables, because Liksang.com is out of buisness because of SONY.

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:18 am

Lik-Sang went out of business because they didn't want to FACE Sony..

If they faced Sony, they'd have been bankrupt and out of business.. They packed up and left with a lot of money behind them, which is a smart move, but they had the chance to face Sony and stay open, but with emptier pockets. You can't blame Sony for a company closing down because they didn't want to go to court over violating one of Sony's policies, repeatedly..

EnterTheHatrix
Portablizer

Post by EnterTheHatrix » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:56 am

Does anyone have any information on the gamecube controller IC?

If you want to know what kind of information, all of it, including pin out for the IC, any resistors, etc..