PSTwoSP -In Slow But Steady Progress-

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:35 pm

Well, i chose to go with silver cause my other PS2 portable (just need mobo) is gold, and will be done shortly. Also, i LOVE the satin silver console released in Japan. I currently have it silver, wich looks INCREDIBLE, but its scratching off cause i ran out and only put one coat on. :D :(

I recently wired the controller and fouund that it doesnt have a connector that i could solder the L and R buttons to and had to chuck it. Luckily i got one off ebay that does- i bought tact switches do replace the thin film so i can put them on the back of the case. :wink:

Mod chip is on the way as I got it over the weekend. It's the green dot so i know that i got a GREAT chip. I was thinking of adding a laptop HDD so i could have my favy games on the go w/out the disc, but am concerned with the voltage it needs. i think its 12v, yet i very easily could add a HDD. 8)

This baby will be improving within the next 2 weeks considreably cause the PS2M is 98.999999889% complete, and I got a PAL mobo so i'm selling that and getting a US mobo!!!
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:51 pm

eastsider_1 wrote:I was thinking of adding a laptop HDD so i could have my favy games on the go w/out the disc, but am concerned with the voltage it needs. i think its 12v, yet i very easily could add a HDD.
I think laptop hd take 5v, my external hd (with a laptop hd inside) is powered off of the usb port , which is 5v.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:57 pm

yeah that's right!! I was actually thinkin of the HD Connect that the chip site have, cause i hear that using a USB HDD is slower than actually connecting it to HDConnect and using it that way. Naturally if i do this than Im going to get the smallest HDD with the most capacity. Any good ones?? This would be AWESOME for a portable cause my PS2M is WAYYYY to heavy for a HDD- It weighs a good 5 pounds. But like that's gonna matter cuase its laptop format+ you put it ona table if u have one.

PSTwoSP- 50%

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:48 pm

Ya, I was just using the usb hd as a way to prove that it uses 5v. Directly connect it, espesially if it doesn't have usb 2.0, as regular usb is noticablly slower.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:16 pm

well, should i get a USB 2.0 hard drive? Or should i just use the HD connect method? I really want to try this out badly. One last thought, would the hard drive use more mAh than the laser? :?

PSTwoSP- 50%

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:22 pm

If you're willing to spend some big bucks, you could get some flash memory...

As for how to pay for it, I don't know...call up Bill Gates?

EDIT: For a good $370, then you could get an 8GB IDE Flash drive! That's big enough for 2 games (Gasp)!

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:56 am

Does the PSTwo have USB 2.0 ports? It would be a wast to get a 120GB hdd and not have the 2.0 ports to use its full potential. :shock:

PSTwoSP- 50%

MaDnEsS
Portablizer

Post by MaDnEsS » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:29 pm

eastsider_1 wrote:Here's my concept:

looks a little top heavy 8)

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:46 pm

That's why he'll put the battery pack near the bottom, to make it not top heavy anymore, problem solved.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

spinout
Portablizer

Post by spinout » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:44 pm

for the hard drive use this
and an adapter like this if you are crazy enough, use this

xriverfalconx

Post by xriverfalconx » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:01 am

In case you are still wondering, the Playstation 2 (both original and slim) are NOT USB 2.0
<a href="http://www.gmrealm.us">http://www.gmrealm.us</a>

-PC Modification Project- (special thanks to Foxx373) - Complete-

-WIP- mT16P (Portable Turbo Grafx 16)

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:30 pm

I recently bought a new pstwo for the time being cause that modchip install i messed up on. Those points are almost non-existent! Anyway im having such success with the PS2M that this has been delayed for quite some time. Progress will resume after the PS2M is done (or maybe not cuase i will be playing my newly finished portable!). :D

Everything else is planned out but the controller rewiring. I SERIOUSLY dont want to leave the Land R buttons in place, cause that would be hard to press the buttons and my hands would hurt a lot. But if i have to i will. I don't excpect to have quite as long batter life for my PSTwoSP.

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:27 am

I've decided to just either stop the slim portable or use the composite switch to watch games and stuff. I just cant seem get the chip to get on the contacts. I'm bringing this to a halt becuase im in financial repayment to my dad, and it's really all about that damn chip. I need it in, or just use the composite switch and work will resume. Sorry for the bad news. :?

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:36 pm

Well, everybody ive got some fantastic news!!! Work will resume as soon as i recieve THIS ps2slim!! I recently discoverd that the composite mode switch can easily be used to watch stuff on the PS2slim with GOOD quality, and for some reason, when the mode is in RGB, it VERY bright, and it seems like more realistic color when you leave it on Component. Now with the discovery of the controller pinouts, ican rewire the L and R buttons with ease, and install the screen with ease. After this is done, battery assembly, paint and case modding, will be next.!!!! [/url]

PSTwoSP- 50%

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:01 pm

How much PS2's have you blown? They seem pretty tolerable to modification, this is my first one, I'm done with soldering onto the board, and It's not giving me problems.

Plus, you can break a PS2, just replace a fuse. I guess this info would be useful this 1st or 2nd time you broke a PS2.