Xbox Media Center!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:30 am

I'm in the process of putting XBMC onto my 'box that my friend gave me after he got his 360. I used Splinter Cell for the exploit, along with the action replay. All that I need to do now is to FTP XBMC to the xbox once I get off my lazy bum and buy another ethernet cord.
Last edited by lifeisbetterwithketchup on Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:44 am

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:I'm in the process of putting XBMC onto my 'box that my friend gave me after he got his 360. I used Splinter Cell for the exploit, along with the action replay. All that I need to do now is to FTP XBMC to the xbox once I get off my lazy bum and buy another ethernet cord.
Are you connecting directly to an ethernet card or to a router? If you're connecting directly to a computer, get a crossover cable. If it's a router use can use a patch.

Have fun with that! What build of XBMC are you using? You should get on #xbins and get the XBMC server password to get the latest T3CH build.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:07 am

I hate FTPing, my xbox is such a dumbass when it comes to that. I eventally just gave up on FTP servers and started to use IE 6 for the FTPing (Heck, i bookmarked my Xbox) becuase it's easy.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:09 am

Harshboy wrote:I hate FTPing, my xbox is such a dumbass when it comes to that. I eventally just gave up on FTP servers and started to use IE 6 for the FTPing (Heck, i bookmarked my Xbox) becuase it's easy.
I use FileZilla for my FTP, but I must say that IE is pretty good for FTP . XBMC's FTP is much more reliable than EvoX's.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:01 am

i personally think IE is pretty crappy for FTP. but thats my opinion

most people use FlashFXP, for a good reason. its good.

also, an interesting note about crossover cables. the network admin for my building told me that newer network cards can actively swap their Tx and Rx pins (which actually wouldnt be very hard to implement at all). this means that they can always use either kind of cable.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:04 am

timmeh87 wrote:i personally think IE is pretty crappy for FTP. but thats my opinion

most people use FlashFXP, for a good reason. its good.

also, an interesting note about crossover cables. the network admin for my building told me that newer network cards can actively swap their Tx and Rx pins (which actually wouldnt be very hard to implement at all). this means that they can always use either kind of cable.
A problem with FlashFXP is that it isn't free. I find that FileZilla is stable, and it works great for this.

I actually did build a crossover cable for connecting direct to my laptop, it didn't work to just use a patch.

lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:43 am

vb_master wrote:
lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:I'm in the process of putting XBMC onto my 'box that my friend gave me after he got his 360. I used Splinter Cell for the exploit, along with the action replay. All that I need to do now is to FTP XBMC to the xbox once I get off my lazy bum and buy another ethernet cord.
Are you connecting directly to an ethernet card or to a router? If you're connecting directly to a computer, get a crossover cable. If it's a router use can use a patch.

Have fun with that! What build of XBMC are you using? You should get on #xbins and get the XBMC server password to get the latest T3CH build.
I'm connecting to a router; we already have a home network set up. As far as the builds go, I noticed how many builds of it there are, and figured I won't get it until I'm about to put it on my Xbox, so I won't have to download another version right away.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:48 am

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:As far as the builds go, I noticed how many builds of it there are, and figured I won't get it until I'm about to put it on my Xbox, so I won't have to download another version right away.
Just get the 7-25-06 T3CH build, it's the latest one.

Now my question to you is do you want XBMC as your main dashboard, or do you want to boot to EvoX then go to XBMC?

lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:01 pm

vb_master wrote:Just get the 7-25-06 T3CH build, it's the latest one.
Okay, I'll torrent that one.
vb_master wrote: Now my question to you is do you want XBMC as your main dashboard, or do you want to boot to EvoX then go to XBMC?
I'm going to use it as my main dashboard, using this method.

Another question: How compatible is XBMC with Xbox Live? I know with Krayzie's gamesave exploit (which is what I used to softmod my Xbox), I can turn on/off the softmod, but once I put on XBMC, can I still access live somehow? I don't have Live now, but may consider it at sometime in the future.

Thanks for the quick replies.

EDIT: url code :)

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:07 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:Okay, I'll torrent that one.
DON'T USE TORRENTS, I'm going to show you how to use IRC, and #xbins.

Do you have AIM or MSN?

lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:13 pm

vb_master, check your PM's

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:17 pm

Ok, got ketchup's running!

I find that the XBMC-CVS_2006-07-16-T3CH is better than the more recent XBMC-CVS_2006-07-25-T3CH build. Today my FTP username got changed from xbox to none. Downgrading will fix that!

lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:20 pm

Well, vb_master helped me out a little (a LOT) and now I am the proud owner of an Xbox Media Center.

A tip to people trying this out: Don't use EvolutionX to find an IP address, use UnleashX. It didn't work for me with EvoX, but did with UnleashX for some reason. Thanks for that tip vb_master!

Well, I'm going to go watch Port Washington on my TV. Ketchup out.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:48 pm

can you still play xbox games? if so i might try this. :shock: :?
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:09 am

Yes you can still play Xbox games, but you cannot go on Xbox Live without disabling the softmod first. (If you don't disable the softmod first your Xbox will be permanently banned from Live.)