PSTwoSP -In Slow But Steady Progress-

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:59 pm

shmagoogin77 wrote:
CronoTriggerfan wrote:....I've got some "other" portable related interests at the moment :mrgreen:

CTFan
what are your other interests :lol:
PORTABLE related. Geez, get your head outta the gutter :roll: !

CTFan

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:46 pm

Is this really worth it?? I was thinking about this a while ago and would LOVE to have a handheld PS2, but all the time and MONEY to put into it all. I've already got my PS2M NEARLY done, but still!!!! :( :shock: :?
PS2M-99% -Final Stages of the 1st O.G. PS2 Portable (Will this ever get done??)

PSTwoSP- 50%
Rewiring Controller, LED Modding Screen

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:52 pm

Nevermind that last post, I've decided to go thru with it. I was wondering what other suggestions or add-ons would be cool. I want this to be the best portable ever- well, good or better than the XboxP.

PSTwoSP- 50%

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:06 am

Find a vary expensave DVD battry its so worth it, right now I'm still struggling to figure out how i can squeze off more amps with the crap ive got. besides i think most of them come with there own chargers so its a lot simpler to work off of. cool design btw, i like case designs that keep with the flow of the console, all those cases that show off that "YES this IS a Psone screen" kind of look dull.. no offence intended, just an observation :D

also theres nothing wrong with a fraken case (or a wood one for that matter) and if you some how got the battrys and made an x-box portable... USE A BIG ASS SCREEN!!! 5" on a handheld home theater system makes no sense at all!!! why not 8" or a 7.4" they are pritty common displays too.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 am

I like the design too, but i cant shape the controller handles right so i decided to scrap em. I want to use this case instead for the frankencase. I have some solution for a battery, but that will come later. Good luck on that woody of yours. :D

PSTwoSP- 50%

Mr. Hawkins

Post by Mr. Hawkins » Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:39 am

cennar wrote:Find a vary expensave DVD battry its so worth it, right now I'm still struggling to figure out how i can squeze off more amps with the crap ive got.
Couldn't agree more. I'm using the same battery that ben used for his, but it kills the thing fast (like ~1 Hour). Either find the largest capacity battery around 8.5V or make your own using battery cells. I'd suggest a battery that has around 7000-10000mAh. It may sound extreme, but trust me you need it.
eastsider_1 wrote:I want this to be the best portable ever- well, good or better than the XboxP
Welllllll, get working on the case. The best portables are not the ones that have all of the craziest specifications, they're the ones that look the best. The case makes or breaks the portable. That's why dave's was so good.
It's not about quantity, but rather quality

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:44 am

Does it REALLY use like 5 ams? Sheesh, i thought it would be less. I do have 12 LI-ION cells here just sitting and waiting to be used. I dont really like the Cylinder kind tho, all i need is a good PCB. I could get one from Battspace.com and have a DC-DC converter to step it down from 11.1v to 9v, but that's not really my concern. I have to sell some stuff on ebay to get the cash to buy the nesecities [screen, chip, pstwo]. Well i could use some ideas about paint job and things of that nature. i was thinking about pianting it Metallic Silver- it looks incredible. :wink:

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:57 am

I've got a mock-up of what my case looks like, I can't do much with it because i sold it on ebay (it's broke). Here's a couple pics of what's happening. I'm going to paint it metallic silver. I really like the silver pstwo's. I've also decided that im going to use my old Li-ion battery from my pS2M that went out by replacing the PCB. I'll use it like a external pack that hooks on to the side of your belt or something. I've also placed the L and R buttons on the bottom for comfort reasons. It's actually quite comfortable and adding a batt pack (attached to it) would HIGHLY decrease functionality. More news later. 8)

PSTwoSP- 50%

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:15 am

Ive got the controller wired internally now. At first when i hacked it open i thought the wires were soldered in order like they are on the controller PCB, but after I soldered up the wires it was no good. :( DUH!! I hacked the contoller conector and found the wires were in a different order. Brain Lapse. Anyway here's a pic of the controller finnaly working. :D

PSTwoSP- 50%

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:24 am

you're lucky. I killed a whole PSone by wiring the controller wrong.

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:05 am

To be honest i thought i fried my pstwo. I had a connection on the memory card pin that was linked to a controler contact and that's why my memory card wouldnt read in slot 1, and my analog was blinking, then it just went to standby. Luck me i got out the magnifying glass and fixed it all. I'm so happy that my LED's came about 30mins ago. MY SCREEN IS BRIGHT!! Keep up on your PSTwoP. :o

PSTwoSP- 50%

chanticlair281

Post by chanticlair281 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:06 pm

Which LEDs did you go with?

eastsider_1

Post by eastsider_1 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:00 pm

I used 3mm @ 18,000mcd. Yeah those are hella bright, but the resistors they give me are like 3/4 of potential brightness. I'm gonna buy some LOWER ohm resistors so my screen is as bright as the cathode. I also ordered a Zenith screen so that will be coming soon, and a controller that I can actually rewire the L and R buttons on! Not to mention I alos ordered the Matrix Infinity Green Dot chip so i can have some fun with "bakcing up" games. So expect within the next week to see some pics of it up with some case mods. It's still a work in progress. :o

PSTwoSP- 50%

cennar

Post by cennar » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:34 pm

yeah worrie not about the LEds check and recheck every thing else... lights and sounds are secondary to display and power. also that case would look freaking tight with a little silver paint like you say :D

atari2600a

Post by atari2600a » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:41 pm

In my opinion, gold would look better...