My Retrocon is here!

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

arfink
My Retrocon is here!

Post by arfink » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:36 pm

Here are some pics of the inside of the retrocon. I will me making a pinout soon. BTW, where did the sticky for the other NOACs go to? I am pretty sure the pinout for this thing is the same or very simmilar, and although I could get it on my own, I would rather compare to another pinout. Here are the pics...

Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

minkster

Post by minkster » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:46 pm

retrocon? The only retrocon I know is the madcatz retrocon that is a controller for the ps2. Is that some sort of noac? Or is that the name of your nesp? Thanks arfink you got me all confused :P
Minktendo-Dead
Next portable: who knows ;)

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:22 pm

it is this one Image

arfink

Post by arfink » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:43 pm

Yes, I should have specified that this is the BLAZE Retrocon, not the Mad Catz one. I knew about the mad catz one, but I guess I forgot. This is a noac device very simmilar to a yobo, but cheaper, and it is both NTSC and PAL compatible. It also have a very easily hacked board, which I hope I will be able to use without removing the cartridge slot.

minkster

Post by minkster » Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:26 pm

arfink wrote:Yes, I should have specified that this is the BLAZE Retrocon, not the Mad Catz one. I knew about the mad catz one, but I guess I forgot. This is a noac device very simmilar to a yobo, but cheaper, and it is both NTSC and PAL compatible. It also have a very easily hacked board, which I hope I will be able to use without removing the cartridge slot.
Oh I see, very neat-o :wink:
Minktendo-Dead
Next portable: who knows ;)

DK

Post by DK » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:19 am

U can get it at Lik Sang for $24.95, cheap as chips, and easier to find that a megajoy.
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?catego ... ts_id=8542&

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:59 am

It has NOAC controller ports though. >_> Yobo>Blaze retrocon. Don't forget cheaper if you know where to get it.
gannon wrote:hmm... *ponders about power abuse* :P
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Sword_Gun

Post by Sword_Gun » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:44 am

Well, Doesnt ever NOAC look the same as that one inside?

My NOAC (57000 in 1) looks exactly like that inside, cept mine has a Gloptop running roms.

Official Beta Quest Hunter
Official Alpha Quest Hunter

NES NOW!!: DONE!

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:13 pm

I have seen three different types of NOACs in real life. That doesn't fit the description of any of them. <_< No, they do not all look the same. And there are a million different types of them floating around somewhere
benheck wrote:Wow, guess I should have searched my own forums! Oh wait, I don't have to since the rules don't apply to me ;)

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:18 pm

Sword_Gun wrote:Well, Doesnt ever NOAC look the same as that one inside?

My NOAC (57000 in 1) looks exactly like that inside, cept mine has a Gloptop running roms.
I swear, you've mentioned that 57000 in 1 in 15 posts within 11 different threads. Are you just trying to keep the newcomers informed about your NOAC? :P

Klefmung

Post by Klefmung » Fri Jun 30, 2006 4:35 pm

He is trying to get everyone to want it. >_> Sword Gun is now officially known as "That dude with a 5700 in one NOAC thinglol!"

arfink

Post by arfink » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:18 pm

Actually, just so everyone knows, I bought this for $15 from www.superufo.com plus of course shipping, which from Hong Kong is insane (about $15) so its cheaper than Lik-Sang by far, because liksang sells them for $24 plus $15-$20 shipping. Super UFO, or Success HK as they call themselves on the website, is the official manufacturer and they are a reputable seller too. They have very good deals on wholesale, Gannon gonna buy some maybe?