So mad!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Thornwillow
So mad!

Post by Thornwillow » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:14 am

The other night i bought Conker: Live and Reloaded used at Blockbuster for 15 bucks. When i brought it home i put it into my Xbox and it didnt work! I looked on the back and there were like 2 or 3 gigantic scratches!!! I still have the receipt and i think im going to take it back, and either get my money back, or trade it for a working copy. Or i could goto Movie Gallery and get it fixed but i heard that everytime you do that it wares off and everytime you take it to get fixed the disk gets worst (is this true?). What should i do?

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:27 am

take it back, least hassle of them all
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:12 am

Happens to the best of us... stupid BlockBuster and their retarded "no rental-fee" crap.

codeman

Re: So mad!

Post by codeman » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:40 am

Thornwillow wrote: Or i could goto Movie Gallery and get it fixed but i heard that everytime you do that it wares off and everytime you take it to get fixed the disk gets worst (is this true?). What should i do?
Well, I would bring it back to blockbuster just in case. But out of curiosity, what doest Movie Gallery do to fix the discs?
What I have shown you is reality. What you remember, that is the illusion.

"Say, what does this button do?"

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:00 am

It's not the Blockbuster No-Rental-Fee thing, it's that most people don't know how to properly handle DVD/CDs. I don't rent games and am very warry about movies. That's why if I"m going to play any games or movie their from a friend so I know the kind of condision they're in.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:38 am

I always check the discs right there in the store, after I check out but before I leave.A couple times I've gotten a really bad one, but most of the time it's the usual spiderweb of mishandling scratches. (I just use rubbing alcohol and polishing compound if it's so bad the media is useless.)

I've gotten a couple nasty ones. One time I got a DVD that was broken in half and taped back together! :lol: A few years ago I wound up with a Playstation game that had a big chip missing.

I'd imagine this would be even more of a pain with services like GameFly and Netflix; since there's no store to return it to, you're basically on your own.

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:45 am

bicostp wrote:One time I got a DVD that was broken in half and taped back together! :lol:
Whoever did that was a moron... :roll: :lol:
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:50 am

Actually, I get Netflix. It's happened before (completely broken in half), but you just phone them and say that it's broken, and they'll send you another one as fast as they can. It's only happened to me 3 times, all on animes that I rented.
Refusing to change my avatar since like freakin 2007.

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:53 am

Nick wrote:Actually, I get Netflix. It's happened before (completely broken in half), but you just phone them and say that it's broken, and they'll send you another one as fast as they can. It's only happened to me 3 times, all on animes that I rented.
I guess the postoffice hates anime. :lol:

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:58 am

Yeah, and Flight of the Pheonix was the only other one that really got damaged. We got some scratched ones before, but or DVD player is pretty good at reading the entire movie.
Refusing to change my avatar since like freakin 2007.

Thornwillow

Post by Thornwillow » Mon May 01, 2006 6:36 am

Ill return it to Blockbuster first, if i cant get my money back ill try to trade for a better version, if i cant do that then ill take it to movie gallery for the disk to get fixed untill i get a new copy of it. I heard that when movies fix disks they fill in the scratches with something.