Possably a GCP

Includes PS2, Xbox 1, GameCube (but not the Phantom Game Console)

Moderator:Moderators

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:00 pm

Huge update!....I got my screen and system working good! Right now im playing Halo 2 on it.... :lol: It's in the mock up case and when i get some cash im buying a case from Gamelver....this sucker is finally gonna be done soon! 11 days till my birthday too! This will be a great birthday present :P

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:11 pm

Good job harshboy! Hope it turns out well for your birthday!

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:13 pm

just to let you know, I'm definitely taking a couple weeks off from GCp (and case) building to relax and start working on my new portable...actually, I kind of already did, since I did an LED mod on an old PSone screen backlight module, but I'd like to REALLY get some stuff done on my new portable :).
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:11 pm

ok.....well, I wont stop you....i'll make due with my makeshift case for now. Ok, I'm thinking about trashing the speakers...they suck so bad, and going witha simple L/R audio to Headphone adapter......I have one already made and it is much better quality than the PSONE screen speakers....Do you think I should use it for it? or not?

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:18 pm

Sorry to dbl post, but here's the GCP in it's test case.....there's plenty of room left in it! (for batteries and more cables) It's in B&W because it was to big to upload. I can make due with it for now. Gamelver, I will just be waiting for you to PM me about the case.......I know your busy, so like i said before: I can wait. Anyway, here's the pic:

The screen was on...but my scanner blacks it out.........i'm hoping i can get a camera pic of it so i can proove to you guys it works.....but for now you just have to take my word for it :wink: I love that it's Gameboy style! It saved me a lot of time! Why? I didnt have to even modify the controller board (the controller shell was modified, i cut the handles off.. :lol: ) So, any comments? And, dont say anything like: "Why the hell is it in a cardboard box, and duct-taped together" I know it's in a box, but it's because i dont have any cash, so i cant buy any cases for it (granted Gamelver can't get to me on this). I'm thinking about Pac-Tec's enclosures, but idk....any suggestions!?

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:26 pm

:shock: that is so ghettofied but good job its really the guts that matter
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:25 pm

damn it...I forgot I'm going to have to make the case AND wire up the controller....well, in that case...er, yeah, it'll be a few weeks, like I said before :P.

looks good so far, though, as long as it works ;).

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:37 pm

Yup...my thoughts exactly :D Anyway, here's a music video of it: http://media.putfile.com/GCP-Music-Video It's better than the other one that's on my site...speaking of that, i'll replace that one with this new one....Please rate it. If i can get my dang friend to let me borrow his Gamecube video cable again i'll upload it with it playing Melee. He had to go home and go somewhere, so now i don't have a test cable :evil: Anyway, i hope you guys like it :P

NOTE: Play the video in it's original size, it will look much better that way!

EDIT: Also, does aqnyone know where i can get a cable that would be able to do this:

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:19 pm

Gamelver wrote:damn it...I forgot I'm going to have to make the case AND wire up the controller....well, in that case...er, yeah, it'll be a few weeks, like I said before :P.

looks good so far, though, as long as it works ;).
hey gamelver you think you could just send me a plastic shell you dont even have to cut the case out of the plastic i just need it as thinck as possible and without the molded psone screen on top and i can bondo it up with the screen and controllor myself. if your up to this pm me i know i asked before but i figure it cant hurt to ask again :D and of course i would pay you or maybe you would want some Ni-Mh batteries? i have at least 30 of em
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:02 pm

if he would do that, would u be able to make the case for me?

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:10 pm

er, well I already have tons of nimh batteries...bought a bunch of ebay ;).

and I suppose I can make a few cases, whenever I start making the case for my new portable...

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:28 pm

i dont really care who makes this but.......could someone make me a case? With these dimensions (all measures are in inches!!!!!!!!!!):

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:28 pm

can't you make it yourself :P?

I know it's kind of hard, but it's all part of the portablizing process!

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:35 pm

Well, vacuum forming the plastic is the easy and quick part, it's designing the mold and making it as close to flawless as possible that's difficult... I'm actually trying to talk triton into making me a mold, because, like I said; the vacuum forming is easy!
God Bless Hot Glue

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:36 pm

i have no access to any of the nessasary parts and i am broke..... :cry: