Plot/Script

Talk about your favorite PC games, Steam and building awesome custom rigs!

Moderator:Moderators

Lucretius
Plot/Script

Post by Lucretius » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:35 pm

Ok, here's the latest revision of the plot including supplementary notes to myself...
Opens on Ben sitting on a couch surrounded by empty MGD cans. Or Ben at work on a computer. Camera pans slowly around him with a voice-over of himself, thought-like, saying: "I like the Atari 2600. I really do. I'd kinda like to have it with me all the time. But how? What if I could make a portable? I'll hack it into a portable console.!Slap a screen on *cuts to PSOne screen...*, some batteries *...a battery pack...* and wrap it in a case *...then a cnc machine* and boom! It's PERFECT!"

During this time ben is drawing on a paper. Camera can pan to it here and there showing ben's ideas developing...(I'll get ben to give us a series of scans of a drawing of the like...)

The user is then given control of ben. He must first leave the building. That done, he's outside and on the town, and there seem to be lots of people around.

Every person he talks to helps him to understand more of what he must do. Lucretius is the guy who gives him general info. Kind of a pit stop place if the user is stuck. Spongey is the man for the 2600 console info. Gannon helps with batterty info. Screens are taken care of by Gamelver. Sparkfist owns a general goods store to get materials. Also has some know-how.

{Other mod jobs}
-Triton, supplies Ben with better car.
-Bic: Head Pol. Officer.
-Anyone else who wants to be in the game will be Mod Police officers

[Order of Plot]
-Ben gets idea
-He fiddles around with the 2600 (?cutting the board? minigame/mission)
-Figures out how to get the screen to work (Talks to gamelver, ie: ?find gamey? minigame/mission)
-Figures out how to power it (Talk to gan, find gan game/mission...etc.)
-*Quick Ben designing the beast montage
-Get to the CNC cutter (network with Ben for ideas on that)
-*Quick assembly montage*

NETWORK WITH BEN ON AN IDEA ON A ?FINDING 'COMPOSITE OUT' GAME?...
-Luke

sniper_spike

Post by sniper_spike » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:50 pm

Sound really good so far; your writing more right? 'Cause otherwise this is going to be a short game. :P
Last edited by sniper_spike on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Gregory House wrote:Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:57 pm

This has probably already been thought up, because this is how it works here on benheck:

Builds a portable, runs out of cash, gets a slight profit, builds a slightly better system on which he gets a slightly larger profit...

Using this basis, you could make the game rather long. Although it's a tad repetitive and too linear. Perhaps you can have different choices on what you decide to make next, and the resulting profit allows you to afford slightly better/worse items for your next project that would increase/decrease your profit margin.

Of course, this game will be 100% linear if you decide to follow ben's projects exactly.
Hey, sup?

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:14 pm

Could always have several "chapters", each with its own missions. Each chapter gets progressively harder, as you have to find more (and more expensive) parts to build portables. Each chapter would revolve around one system, each more sophisticated than the last. At the end of each chapter you must sell the portable.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:16 pm

I like it!

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:18 pm

Anonymous wrote:I like it!
Random guest...

Good script Luc me likey. Not bouncy, just me likey...

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:18 pm

Hi, Kurt_. :)

sniper_spike

Post by sniper_spike » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:21 pm

You guys can see our IPs? :shock:
Dr. Gregory House wrote:Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?

bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:26 pm

Yeah.

Don't get paranoid, we usually don't poke around in the IP page. (I was curious as to who it was, that's all. ;))

The only times we really use the IP page are when we get a bad spammer or spambot, or if we suspect multiple accounts from a banned user. (or when a mystery post such as this comes up)

I PMed gannon about it, and I assume he'll disable guest posting, so it's the same as all the other forums here.

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:58 pm

I got some cool ideas, there can be multiple gangs around the town supplying different parts... Depending on what parts you choose, there will be an ending involving the creation of a different portable. Certain people will be in each gang. I could be the leader of the snail gang

_@/` WOOHOO!

Course, it's all up to marshall
God Bless Hot Glue

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:57 pm

I want to be on a billboard advertising soda... :wink:

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:40 pm

you will be if you want to... ah yes soda for every one

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:31 pm

dont forget the bunny gang :wink: I dont care if i have to do something stupid, I just want to be in this game :D

official xbox fiend

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:38 pm

I'm pretty sure the game won't have any bunnies. However if it does include the gang (which it SHOULD), we could have a special hard-to-find part (like something for -5V on the colecovisionp) and we will only give it to ben once he completes some sort of task for us. (Like find us some strange cult item, a rabbits foot or something).

And we can lurk in an alley! We shoud lurk in an alley.

(Now that I think about it, we could lurk in an alley where you can barely see us, so it makes the game a LOT less gay, and when you go to talk, you see the bunny ears hanging off of our cult hoods. That would be amusing.)
Hey, sup?

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:05 pm

Quick question: do you want it to be about one protable, or a few of them and different main missions? I'm esspecialy interested in marsh's input...
-Luke