Benheck Forum appreciation thread

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

G-force

Post by G-force » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:52 am

I like to think of this place as a big cookie, with a bunch of nuts thrown in... Or more like a big tech forum ham with side dishes of humanity peas and funny brussel sprouts... er, kinda lost what I was trying to say...

Ahem, so yeah, this was the first forum I joined, and still the only one I visit regularly. It has taught me so much I can't even start to tell you. And I think I may have made a few friends somewhere inbetween keypresses.

I DARE anybody to find a better, funner (not a real word but it fits!) forum.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:03 am

Well this wasn't my first forum, but we are a more tight-knit community. Forums I started at were kind of like a bar or rec center feel, nice but you dont get more then simple friends.

Here we are like a small town. Almost everyone knows eveyone, and gets along. Coming here for me is like a typical hang out, some place you go with your friends after school. So thats way I keep coming back and don't like it when I'm gone for days.

And bicostp, thats a lie. You just need more people to show up and post.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

sniper_spike

Post by sniper_spike » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:10 am

Well I've been to a couple boards...
(Not in any particular order)
-SteamPowered Users Forums *Full of spammers
-Team17 Forums (Worms World Party and such) *Pretty fun place, but I don't go there anymore :(
-Guru3d Forums *Went for just for a bit
-Showbiz2 Forums *Brother of SPUF (Steampowered), pretty fun
-SteamPowered Clan Forums *Joined the clan for a bit
-GameTribe Forums *Current clan

But BenHeck's the best!
Dr. Gregory House wrote:Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?

jeroen

Post by jeroen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:14 am

Nintendo.nl forums. No moderators so full of spammers. :evil:

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:39 pm

This is the first forum I've been to, and hopefully the only one. I like coming here after school to read the threads and what not. I just hate it when I'm gone for a day or two, because I always like to read the posts.
This forum is like a small town. Plus we all talk (type, whaterver...) like normal intellectual people.

I love you guys!! :D

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:46 pm

SpongeBuell wrote:Seriously, thanks, though (assuming I'm one of the people you are appreciating)
Of course! You too, Luc. The mods are some of the best people here! :P I have yet to find a reason to hate any of you. :lol: And yeah... when people forget to search is really the only time people get flamed. But that's the same in ANY forum.

I've only been really active in two other forums besides this one. Others I just post once or twice in to ask a question. (E.G. GameSX) Those two are:

www.electro-tech-online.com: I was part of these forums long before I join up of even heard of these ones. They're very helpful for any type of electronic question... but it's a large forum, and there's like... NO humor there. No one knows anyone. They're all too stuck-up there. They all think they know more that the other one, and they flame people for asking stupid questions. Spammers are more common there too. I don't really post there anymore.

www.mtsuanime.com: These are the forums for the Anime Club I'm part of. Some of you may have heard me talking about it elsewhere on the forums. I joined up here in October 02 of 2005. Long after I joined here. They stole me away from here for a while, then when they went on winter break, I stopped posting there, and came back here. They just came back from break, so I started posting there again a few days ago. Now I'm juggling that forum and the Benheck forums. I'm one of the top posters there; Number 7, ATM. However... about half or more of these people are just frightening. They swear ALL the time... and they will pretty much talk about anything from how babies taste, to how large someone's penis is... :( seriously. Of course, it's all in good fun. None of them really mean anything they say, and I know this, because I talk to the actual people in person almost every Wednesday after the club gets out. (We go to the internet café on campus and "socialize" for about an hour.) They're all college people... so you guys can imagine what some of them are like. :roll: I'm 15 though, so none of them can even tell I'm not a college student. Save for the ones that actually KNOW I'm only 15.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:08 pm

all you guys are great, this is the first forum that ive acctually stayed with (sure ive only been here about 3 and half months) but it has been great fun and a lot of help with portables with a friendly attitude......we were all n00bs once :wink:

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:14 pm

For example... if I posted a thread like this on the MTSU anime forums, someone would have surely called me "emo" by now.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:17 pm

and aint it true....

having said that i accuse my friends of being emos all the time :lol:
but thats all just joking

however all those who have sen shaun of the dead will get this bit

alright......gay......

Houdini

Post by Houdini » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:05 pm

*eyes start to get watery* *seriously*

I just joined here and you guys are the reason why my portable was built, although I had the book you guys were my rock, my foundation, and for that I thank you also!!

group hug anyone?

Thank you

-houdini

This is magic bunny copy and paste him into signiture to help gain world domination!

Motoman

Post by Motoman » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:12 pm

this forum is amazing. I spend a lot of time here. Everyone here are neighbors Its like a close knit community and thats what makes it the best. everyday you guys make me smile, make me laugh, make me think, make me learn, and make me teach and that has made this THE BEST forum out there. Thanks guys

Tom.

"Living After Midnight"

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:15 pm

I've gotta say, even though I just joined, I've been watching you guys for a while (*gasp* STALKER :shock: !) and you guys are such a tight knit group. You're a bunch of guys with something in common, who help other people with that similar trait. You're not mean or rude, you're fair and I've got to say that I'm happy to be part of said community. :P :(

PS:Rock on Extreme Jesus. I just recently got an Alien Workshop deck, neon yellow griptape, blue titanium trucks, and ricta wheels :shock: :) it rox so hard
God Bless Hot Glue

sniper_spike

Post by sniper_spike » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:19 pm

Fanboy wrote:I've gotta say, even though I just joined, I've been watching you guys for a while (*gasp* STALKER :shock: !) and you guys are such a tight knit group. You're a bunch of guys with something in common, who help other people with that similar trait. You're not mean or rude, you're fair and I've got to say that I'm happy to be part of said community. :P :(

PS:Rock on Extreme Jesus. I just recently got an Alien Workshop deck, neon yellow griptape, blue titanium trucks, and ricta wheels :shock: :) it rox so hard
Ohya? I have a blank West 49 deck, with Destructo trucks, Bones Reds bearings, and Flip wheels! I don't skate anymore, but it still rocks!
Dr. Gregory House wrote:Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:27 pm

Sweet man. I really don't skate that much anymore either, but that's only because of the fact that a company bought the Vans skatepark near where I am. My dad is actually friends with the owner. It's a really nice shop. They always treat me well. Unlike at Vans, where it was just a bunch of incompetent teenagers :evil: . Stuff like that can really tick you off. It's like Me: "Hi, could I get a new set of trucks?"
Teenage moron at Vans "We don't sell cars here"
:roll: That bad
God Bless Hot Glue

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:14 pm

Although I have yet to build a complete portable, I would've fried my SNES much earlier without all your guys'es...es help.

Mind you, this just ruined the group hug:

Code: Select all

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1226 User 'benheckc_p_bb2b' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

SELECT t.topic_title, f.forum_id, f.auth_view, f.auth_read, f.auth_post, f.auth_reply, f.auth_edit, f.auth_delete, f.auth_sticky, f.auth_announce, f.auth_pollcreate, f.auth_vote, f.auth_attachments FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_forums f WHERE t.topic_id = 9039 AND f.forum_id = t.forum_id

Line : 47
File : topic_review.php
And this even more when I submitted it...

Code: Select all

phpBB : Critical Error 

Error doing DB query userdata row fetch

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1226 User 'benheckc_p_bb2d' has exceeded the 'max_questions' resource (current value: 50000)

SELECT u.*, s.* FROM phpbb_sessions s, phpbb_users u WHERE s.session_id = 'f5c3e06e0b7b1990b5fb229239ef08b3' AND u.user_id = s.session_user_id

Line : 267
File : sessions.php 
... twice....

(Mind you, Luc does get a bit power-mad with locking threads every now and then)

GROUP HUG!!!

Last edited by Kurt_ on Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, sup?