Jack Thompson uses Gamer's Suicide to Insult Others

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Radon199

Post by Radon199 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:02 pm

Theres a song by Jack Johnson (holy crow those are similar) that reminds me a lot of this. It's called "The News" and the lyrics go like this...
Why don't the newscasters cry when they read about people who
die?
At least they could be decent enough to put just a tear in their
eyes
Mama said
It's just make believe
You cant believe everything you see
So baby close your eyes to the lullabies
On the news tonight
And too tell you the truth, i've never seen a newscaster cry, not even on September 11th. Plenty of people on the video, but never anyone reporting it.

llama_master

Post by llama_master » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:10 pm

wane did not just sit at his computer that should prove a point. also when you start blaming an inocent group of people in culture aka gamers it is like becoming a nazi.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")This is Bunny. Copy and past bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:15 pm

Or like blaming Iraqi's. They didn't do anything to anyone. You don't see the president going out and shooting all the americans because an american terrorist blew something up.

The moral of this story: Everybody's insane except Canadians. :D
Hey, sup?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:42 pm

Really what we could all use is having someone (I'd do it!) pie Jack Thompson in the face (if I lived in Floida). This guy needs something like that to take him down a few pegs, and if he sues what will they be charged with? the dry cleaning?

As for this story. I seriouslly hope the media that reported the stories wrong and Jack for making those alligations get sued and severly repremened. It's one thing to get names like Kujo/Kudjo wrong, it's another to just make up things.

And those of you about the whole church thing.... SHUT UP! Just becuase you don't go to church or don't believe in that practice don't give you the right to baselessly condem it.

Also to the people that think if you ignore Jack he'll go away. Yes that sometimes works, but not always. I think he needs a heavy hit to his credibility to make it so no one will believe the obvious lies this back spits from his mouth.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:43 pm

Radon199 wrote:Theres a song by Jack Johnson (holy crow those are similar) that reminds me a lot of this. It's called "The News" and the lyrics go like this...
Why don't the newscasters cry when they read about people who
die?
At least they could be decent enough to put just a tear in their
eyes
Mama said
It's just make believe
You cant believe everything you see
So baby close your eyes to the lullabies
On the news tonight
And too tell you the truth, i've never seen a newscaster cry, not even on September 11th. Plenty of people on the video, but never anyone reporting it.
That's a really sissy song.

Wayne Venomous

Post by Wayne Venomous » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:55 pm

Radon199 wrote:And too tell you the truth, i've never seen a newscaster cry, not even on September 11th. Plenty of people on the video, but never anyone reporting it.
That reminds me of the Dunblane shootings in Scotland back in 1996. Imagine this: quiet Scottish villiage with no crime, very low population but a very close community. Suddenly a guy breaks into the school during lesson time and guns down a load of the kids and a teacher. Bear in mind these kids were only 4-5 years old :(

One of the reporters for some reason decided to adopt a more American approach and make the report more "In your face exclusive report" but that caused a huge outcry. In the UK we expect reporters to show empathy.
I've often found if people spend less time worrying about what someone the other side of the world has posted on an internet forum and more time getting laid, they'll be a lot less tense.

Radon199

Post by Radon199 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:06 pm

Skyone all of your posts seem to be personal attacks, if your not going to contribute to the thread go find another forum to troll.

Back on topic were not gonna get anywhere by sending Jack death threats or what most people are doing at the moment. He spelt the Japanese embasitors name wrong and that lost him the support of Hilary Clinton, hopefully he will mess up again and he will lose more support.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:24 pm

cowsgoquack101 wrote:Hey Jack! Why don't you buy a knife and walk into it?!
haha that makes me chuckle, thankfully being a citizen of the UK i have had the seeming blessing of never having seen jack thompson but i have heard many a thing.

A similar rant rose up i nthe UK over the game "manhunt" because so loonie chav stabbed his friend. he played manhunt quite a bit so the media started the anti-video games battle until official police sources said the motive was robbery

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:28 pm

Radon199 wrote:Skyone all of your posts seem to be personal attacks, if your not going to contribute to the thread go find another forum to troll.
I find that offensive. Plus, think about it, a personal attack, meant as a joke, towards I guy I've never heard of. Also, I can't think of another topic I've said something like this in.

PS: Are opinions wrong?

Sorry to be off topic, just had to get that off my chest.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Sparkfist wrote:Really what we could all use is having someone (I'd do it!) pie Jack Thompson in the face (if I lived in Floida). This guy needs something like that to take him down a few pegs, and if he sues what will they be charged with? the dry cleaning?
You'd probably be charged with assault or assault with a "deadly" weapon (I'm sure he'd find a way).
Hey, sup?

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:18 pm

Nah, you'd get charged with Mischief if they caught you.
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

Sir Games-A-Lot
Location:Sitting around a table wishing the king would get IBM Consultants

Post by Sir Games-A-Lot » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:12 pm

@sniper_spike
Jack Thompson gives a bad name to Christians everywhere, including myself.

Yes he does, I feel kind of ashamed every time I see his ranting.

@Wayne Venomous
hat news report - one thing I've noticed (I'm not having a go at Americans btw, just your news service) when I watch the US CNN or any other of the US News channels, it's all full of scaremongering stuff, shoot outs, tragidies and the reports are full-on in your face. They also seem to add in lots of things like I noticed on report on the London bombing - they couldn't stop mentioning Al-kheda or Osama Bin-Laden, yet we never mentioned them once.
Now if I compare this to the UK CNN or BBC news 24, the style of reporting is very different, it seems more relaxed. Sure tragidies still happen here like they do anywhere in the world, but it's treated more with a "sympathetic" tone rather than a "Oh no! This is the end of the world! People load your guns because they're coming for YOU! Run, go get yer gun, NOW!" Even news channels from Canada don't seem to do this, their style is more like the BBC's.

Yeah most US news networks blow pretty bad (coming from a USian), I think it has something to do with the fact that most people here are really, really obsessed with politics, so every time something happens everybody gets all riled up about what it means for this guy, or that guy or what ever (I'm not sure if it's like that in the UK but there just seems to be a heightened sense of it here).

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:54 pm

sadly quite a lot of people are fairly apathetic when it comes to politics

Also we seem to be a far more cynical nation with less religion

The only religious people i know are all muslims (not that thats a bad thing, as most of them are my friends) i know of one actual christian in my year, thats it and coincedental hes the ONLY christian i know.

Jeff

Post by Jeff » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Holy copulate...are you guys that lazy?

Its American, not copulate USian...
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

Sir Games-A-Lot
Location:Sitting around a table wishing the king would get IBM Consultants

Post by Sir Games-A-Lot » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:59 pm

@jeff
Its American, not USian...

Sorry I know that's lame but it was my impression that on some boards people get all annoyed when people from the US use "American" and they get all

"What do you stupid [insert explitive here]ing rednecks think you like own the whole [insert explitive here] contenant or something?!?!?! You know you don't even like belong there any way blah, blah, blah......."

so people use "USian" or some such to avoid any pendatic come backs. Just trying to keep the peace and :D.

Australians are so lucky...........