Jack Thompson uses Gamer's Suicide to Insult Others

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Jeff
Jack Thompson uses Gamer's Suicide to Insult Others

Post by Jeff » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:58 am

The post is gone...so I have a few quotes just to show how retarded he was in this thread....

The Story By The Way: http://news.gaminghorizon.com/media2/11 ... .3198.html
There is a void in every heart. You can fill it up with the things of God, or the things not of God. This unfortunate soul chose to fill it up with combat games.
The playing of these video games is masturbatory activity, meaning senseless self-stimulation. If you gamers could use a dictionary you would know that that term is not necessarily a sexual one.
All of you gamers need to put down the controllers and get a life. The utter inanity of the vast majority of postings here shows how vapid "gaming" really is.
Dennis, you are one of the cheerleaders for this wasting of time and the wasting of lives. Do you feel any remorse for having contributed to this "culture of death?" Of course not. Hey, let's all play MORE games, and ignore all the really productive things to do with our lives.
Let's pretend to be shocked that a gamer might descend into deeper depression, as his gamer "buds," knowing he was killing himself, couldn't figure out how to call 911 themselves for him. That would have involved leaving their computers I guess.
Sad. Sad for all of you. Jack Thompson
PS360Wii Fanboy FTW!

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:07 am

Hey Jack! Why don't you buy a knife and walk into it?!

This story is a sad one indeed, commiting suicide is not a way to go. But if you read the article his suicide had nothing to do with gaming. It said he had school and money problems. Not games, it just stated that he played games.

I don't want to preach about Jack Thompson kiling either. If we do it'll just prove his point.

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:22 am

Ah,i think the only reason 'ol Jack hasn't been made to see a phyciatrist is because of the entertainment value of the garbage he spews.If you like sick humor
Last edited by Darth Fett on Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:40 am, edited 4 times in total.
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

sniper_spike

Post by sniper_spike » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:43 am

That's one of the saddest things I've read in a while. Not only sad that we've lost a fellow gamer to suicide, but sad because of Jack Thompson's ignorance, his prejudice mindset of video games. They are not a source of hatred, depression, or some sort of "masturbatory activity" as he calls them. They bring people together, they form communities, create friendships, all those good things. Heck, if it wasn't for video games, I would have none of my current friends, I wouldn't have the knowledge I have, I wouldn't be into electronics or computers. I have video games to thank for everything!

Jack Thompson gives a bad name to Christians everywhere, including myself. I hope one day he realised what a narrow-minded fool he's been.
Dr. Gregory House wrote:Good lord, are you having a bowel movement or a baby?

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:40 am

I hope one day he realised what a narrow-minded fool he's been.
that will never happen. jack thompson is almost as bad as the KKK in his atitude towards gamers, he is a bigoted, prejudiced, stereotyping bastard that thinks because he is a "good cristian" and a rich son of a you know what that he can talk down on us gamers, saying that we are sad little peolpe who sit in our moms basement alone and play games and have no friends or life, im SICK of his crap! jack you copulate nazi, i hope you choke on your comunion wafer and burn in hell! either that or copulate grow up and act like a sane normal person

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am

Oh no! He's right! All video games ARE evil, full of sex and violence, and provoke killing sprees!!!
Last edited by Kurt_ on Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, sup?

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:22 am

woah, I feel sorry for Mitchell's family, but Jack Thompson is a wanker

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:35 pm

There's a bigger threat to videogames looming on the horizon. EOM

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:35 pm

JT must learn that many games have educational values

Nicholai

Post by Nicholai » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:39 pm

Doesn't matter, JT is a nobody now, his political posse has disbanded, and he doesn't have any back-up from the politicians, not to mention, no funding. I wouldn't pay heed to this, when Hilary Clinton stops being your friend, you know you're on the bottom of the food chain.

kidw/32+systems

Post by kidw/32+systems » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:43 pm

the way i see it he only says this stuff to make gamers hate and what to kill him then he will use that to fire back at us so you just have to let it go and it will soon go away
but if it doesn't we can just try to brain wash him with a virtualboy(or blind him) :lol:
PlayChoice games 50/54 37 toppers

G-force

Post by G-force » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:47 pm

Thats really a shame about that guy. And it pisses me off that the media changed what they wanted just to..well...I don't really know why they did it. :?

Ignore Jack T. It's the only way to deal with morons like that. The less attention he gets, the more he will dissapear (dosn't help that places like joystiq keep posting his ridiculous comments, thus feeding the beast.). and I wish he would stop using his Christian beliefs as a base for this, thats just...RRRR! Okay. Ignoring now.

Radon199

Post by Radon199 » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:01 pm

Yep, could you imagine being JTs son. It would be a nightmare. The only sport you would be alowed to play is ping pong because things like football are too violent. You can only watch channels like Teletoon and only during the daytime because the rest have too much violence and absolutly no video games what so ever. Not to mention spending every sunday morning sitting at mass (or w/e you call it, it's been a long time since i've been in a church).

The best thing we can hope for is he spells a few more offical's names wrong over the next year. Hopefully he will die of old age in 30 or so years and his family won't keep up the fight.

And to be truthfull hes a lot of talk and only a little action. So far in 1 year hes only managed to change 1 game. And he didn't really change it because it still contains all the murder, drugs and violence that it did before. Just less sex... something thats actualy legal...

It's really shallow to use that guys death as leverage, and hopefully he will stay far far away from the funeral when it happens. As far as i'm concerned hes commited one heck of a sin by even thinking of useing this guys death as a excuse to flaunt his cause.

kidw/32+systems

Post by kidw/32+systems » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:14 pm

Radon199 wrote: The only sport you would be alowed to play is ping pong because things like football are too violent.
but that is an evil video game called PONG
PlayChoice games 50/54 37 toppers

Wayne Venomous

Post by Wayne Venomous » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:49 pm

Oh man, that is just so sad about the poor guy who committed suicide :(

I've had a few friends attempt to take their own life. Last one left a message on my phone. I called round to his house and following no answer, ended up smashing a back window to get in. Luckily, he'd just gone through a bottle of Jack Daniels so although was drunk, was otherwise ok.

That news report - one thing I've noticed (I'm not having a go at Americans btw, just your news service) when I watch the US CNN or any other of the US News channels, it's all full of scaremongering stuff, shoot outs, tragidies and the reports are full-on in your face. They also seem to add in lots of things like I noticed on report on the London bombing - they couldn't stop mentioning Al-kheda or Osama Bin-Laden, yet we never mentioned them once.
Now if I compare this to the UK CNN or BBC news 24, the style of reporting is very different, it seems more relaxed. Sure tragidies still happen here like they do anywhere in the world, but it's treated more with a "sympathetic" tone rather than a "Oh no! This is the end of the world! People load your guns because they're coming for YOU! Run, go get yer gun, NOW!" Even news channels from Canada don't seem to do this, their style is more like the BBC's.

As for JT, I think he's sick in the head.