Oww! Mah teeth!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Skyone
Oww! Mah teeth!

Post by Skyone » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:53 am

Yup, I'm 13, so I'm preparing for my braces. The way the people at the orthodonists' office prepare me is by sticking thick rubber bands in between my teeth. As many of you already know, these little rubber spacers are hell. Luckily, I only have a week until I get these devils out of my mouth. And then on to two years of railroad tracks. Post about your braces stories to cheer me (and in that case, my teeth) up.

-Skyler

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:09 am

I sucked at wearing braces so I'm like "copulate it" and got em taken off. There straight and everything though, I just got The Simpsons overbite. :lol:

and now for a random quote "I just injured my teeth on the cd."

Zhooibaal

Post by Zhooibaal » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:14 am

I never had braces, I don't see the use, as long as everything works the way it should and it doesn't look deformed in any way, there is absolutely no reason for braces at all, allthough many people I know who didn't have any form of jaw deformation or mallfunction did get braces. I mean what the heck?
I will eat your brains!
yay, my blog!
This is Bull, he hates both kitties and bunnies...

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:52 am

i got them there not to bad.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:50 am

Zhooibaal wrote:I never had braces, I don't see the use, as long as everything works the way it should and it doesn't look deformed in any way, there is absolutely no reason for braces at all, allthough many people I know who didn't have any form of jaw deformation or mallfunction did get braces. I mean what the heck?
Like my parents really let ME decide.

Thanks for the support, I'm now on day 2 of hell on earth.

Sir Games-A-Lot
Location:Sitting around a table wishing the king would get IBM Consultants

Post by Sir Games-A-Lot » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:07 am

They're not really that bad, especialy at first they will just feel a little stiff. be Prepaired however about midway through your course of treatment they might start giving you pain when you go to have tightened :(.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:18 am

it depends, when you first get them, the first week is hell, your teeth will be very sensitive and sore. after that it should be fine and you'll stop noticing that they're there.

xxxeagle

Post by xxxeagle » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:24 am

I have braces right now this is the second time I have had them. The first I had to have them for about a year then I had them taken off and had to lose some baby teeth now I have them on again for another 2 years but I think it'll finish up faster than that. This time they used a new type of brace that is smaller and you don't have to wear spacers becuase they bracket that goes on the back teeth doesn't wrap around its just like a regulaur brace except a little beefier. I prefer these braces you should ask if they have them I beleive they are callded d3's.

But anyway enough about me braces seem bad at first but after about a week or two they don't really bother you. It hurts for 2-3 days after they tighten them but its not that bad. The part I hated most was when they took the molds of my teeth to make a model of my mouth that made me gag. But really don't worry its no big deal also I don't think the spacers are supposed to hurt they didn't bother me at all. Good luck with the braces!

x24

Post by x24 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:47 pm

thats 4 years I dont want to repeat ever again.. was suppose to be for 2 years.. 4 years and about 3 months later stupid orthodontist said they were comin off.. go in and get them removed and as I was feeling great with the 4-5 pounds of metal gone, he announced it was time to get a retainer.. I asked him how long I'd have to wear it and he said about 24-30 months. I wore that damn thing about 2 days and said screw it..

I wish I had the 4 grand my mom put toward them.. I couldve put that toward much better things..

Wayne Venomous

Post by Wayne Venomous » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:26 pm

Yup, had braces twice. First had them when I was 9-10 years old and later when I was 14-16.

Have to say though, the very first girl that let me get a "home run" said my braces were very cute - go figure! :D
I've often found if people spend less time worrying about what someone the other side of the world has posted on an internet forum and more time getting laid, they'll be a lot less tense.

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:31 pm

Zhooibaal wrote:I never had braces, I don't see the use, as long as everything works the way it should and it doesn't look deformed in any way, there is absolutely no reason for braces at all, allthough many people I know who didn't have any form of jaw deformation or mallfunction did get braces. I mean what the heck?
by straitening the teeth, the teeth function more efficently and can be cleaned easily braces are useful in that without them, many people have teeth that grow to points where they literally cannot be cleaned....and that means tooth decay later on....which means ROOT CANALS... I know this my mom works for a dentist and this was his explination to me
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:57 pm

Getting them off. I hated getting them off. That hurt quite a bit.

First, they get this tool (basically a wire cutter) and just crack off as much as they can, and then they sand your tooth off. The vibrations from that sanding thing...it's like dipping your teeth in..... .... ... ... something very cold.

Then your mouth is all bloody afterwards (Which I didn't mind that much. I had my braces off!)

I'm now about a year or two into wearing a retainer. I should be getting it off sometime soon.
Hey, sup?

daleighan

Post by daleighan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:14 pm

I really think that the retainers after braces are worse than braces themselves

number 1033

Post by number 1033 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:26 pm

I have braces. When you get them on it doesn't hurt. It doesn't actually hurt at all, exept for when you 1st get used to them. Before that I was :x and had icecream a lot.
(\__/)
(x . x)
(")_(")This is Bunny after Kitty Dealed With Him.
Copy and Paste him into your Sig to show Lovers of Bunny what Kitty can do!

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:12 pm

Ya I've been drinking only jamba juice :twisted:.