Public domain my ass...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:19 am

IIRC the site is known for stripping current copyright info from files it posts and replacing it with their own.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:13 pm

HA! And again HA! Check THIS crap out:
www.copyright.gov wrote:When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
Yes, that's right. www.copyright..gov!

DOT-F*****G GOV!
Information right from the government! HA! :P

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-g ... tml#mywork

eBaum's World is in violation of United States Copyright Laws. No pansy-arsed team of hired lawyers can stand up to THAT!

It looks better in court if you register your works as copyrighted, so you have public records of it, but it's still copyrighted regardless, darnit!

EDIT: Ah but wait, you have to have the copyright registered if you want to use it in court. :( Thta puts a kink in things a little. But if you register it... :twisted:

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:27 pm

aw, must've hurt pretty bad to hear you it's gotta be registered, bic :(....all that glorious satisfaction...GONE!

well, kind of :P
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:15 pm

Yeah. :(

But registration is only $30, and all you have to do is ship them a completed form, the check for 30 bucks, and a copy of the item in question.

So Marshall, you will probably want to copyright GTP, if possible. All the proof you need is a compiled copy on CD, and a printed copy of the first 25 pages and the last 25 pages of the source code. (if you can't copyright the artwork, at least copyright the game engine. Maybe if it's leet enough you could eventually make a game maker kit and go commercial on it! :lol: Hey it could happen...)

But nothing's stopping me from making an anti-eBaums safeguard into my Flash work... :twisted:

totokan

Post by totokan » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:44 pm

this is old news. Whats sad is the site sucks compared to what it steals from. YTMND rocks greater now, with all the anti-ebaum stuff on it.
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

Nicholai

Post by Nicholai » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:31 pm

Meh, fighting eBaums world is kind of pathetic, because even if his website was taken offline, he'd still have all the money he's banked off the website, so no matter what, he's richer than us, and he always will be.