i was wondering if any one had a circuit diagram of....

Includes but not limited to: SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PlayStation 1, Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Gear and I guess the Virtual Boy.

Moderator:Moderators

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 12:19 pm

yahoo im the anti grinch :mrgreen:
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

TGS

Post by TGS » Sat Dec 24, 2005 6:17 pm

I don't think that finding the pin out for the X Y Z buttons will be that easy. I recently read (I am sorry, but I dont know where) that the 3 extra buttons are not wired as seperate buttons, but are interepereted as an impossible multi button push (like up, a and b). Thats why there was the mode button on the controller to turn 6 buttons on or off.

As coincidence has it, I am also looking for the way to wire up a Genesis controller so has anyone done any research into the combinations? Or am I just plain wrong.

Thanks for your help,
TGS

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:08 pm

there is no way they can be "impossible" to reproduce, if the controllor can produce the buttons signal then it should be no problem with just connecting traces
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

TGS

Post by TGS » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:33 pm

I didnt mean impossible to reproduce, just an unlikely key stroke to achieve unless you were doing it purposely. I am assuming that the X Y Z buttons would be connected to multiple pins right? Has anyone recreated the genesis pad?
TGSp: 5% Completed