PSONE Screens

Includes Atari 2600, Nintendo 8-bit, Sega Master System, MSX and more!

Moderator:Moderators

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot
PSONE Screens

Post by JackFrost22 » Sat Jun 05, 2004 6:02 pm

Does anyone know why they don't work or do they work if you hook it up just right?

MM007

Post by MM007 » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:42 pm

Someone please answer this topic. ^^ I am also interested in finding out this answer.
Warranty-Voiding fun!

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Jun 24, 2004 6:45 pm

Yeah, it's a mystery why the ps1 screens don't work well on the atari, but I still believe that a 5" screen is a little too much for a portable atari

someone

Post by someone » Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:29 am

gannon wrote:I still believe that a 5" screen is a little too much for a portable atari
nothing is too big :-)

EricDeLee

PSOne Screen

Post by EricDeLee » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:00 pm

Can someone give a better answer than "sometimes they work and sometimes they don't"?

I've seen a lot of people try to help others around here (I'm a long time reader/lurker)... and I've seen others snap at Newbies for asking a simple question.

Yes it may have been asked before, but a simple link to a past forum will help them better. I too have a PsOne screen and bought it when everyone here said it was the best thing since sliced bread. And yet now it supposingly doesn't work well with Ataris? If it did not work for you... what did you do to try to hook up your system. List your possible failures, or give a few good tips. Right now I can run just about anything off of the PsOne screen... EXCEPT my Atari (I haven't tried the AV Out mod yet).

Give guys a break... if you go through the website, lots of info has been left out... unless there is an archive somewhere.

If anyone that has it working let us know what you did. (why else would there still be posts that say... "sell your gamegear and then buy a PsOne screen" if the PsOne screens do not work?)

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Jul 18, 2004 2:09 pm

The atari doesnt output composite standard, you have to combine luma and croma (I think) to make composite. Who know the PSOne screen may not like that. Its a hit or miss is what they're saying. If you want try using the screen if it doesnt work big deal save it for another project, and buy a pocket tv.

People snap at newbies because every often (myself incuded) may not look over all the resources they have (i.e. Doomportables.org, Ben's site, other members webpages and fourm search) at their disposale. I'll admite its easy to just ask a qustion but its gets annoying answering the same question over and over.

Now that the rants are over lest keep the fourm to the important stuff.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:19 pm

I'm not a newbie I've already made a bunch on portables. I'm not worrying about the screen anymore because I can't afford one.