WHY??! WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!?!??!??

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

dragonhead
WHY??! WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!!?!??!??

Post by dragonhead » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:15 pm

Yoshi DeHererra wrote:Today I was fired (isnt that a lovely word) , and told to have my stuff packed and out of the building (3 hrs later).
My services were apparently not wanted or appreciated by G4 management. I was not the only victim, Unscrewed was canceled, and from TSS (which is going to undergo some major changes in format) Dan Huard, Robert Heron (huge mistake), some of our producers and myself were let go.

It's really too bad they did not give us the oportunity to say goodbye on air.
I really would have liked to do that, and thank everyone that watched my segments and enjoyed them.

While I am unemployed I do intend to work a lot on the website*.
I need to stay busy to keep me from dwelling on how I was released.
So look for updates to the website* soon.
I am going to take a couple weeks off right now though and go see my family and friends I have not seen since I moved to LA.
It will probably mena I wont have the funds to do very much modding for a while, but when I do another mod its not going to be a wimpy/quick TV mod.
*www.yoshi.us

need i say more?

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:17 pm

I dont watch tech tv anyone g4 ruined it but that just sucks.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Nov 23, 2004 7:23 pm

What make G4 think that by down-sizing the techtv groupes their going to make things better?! They've turned me off by having almost 24/7 video gaming info with guys that are worse then Adam on X-Play. If they'd just bring back TSS like it was, Call for Help and Invent this (new episodes!) they're ratings would go up.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

MR.MOD

Post by MR.MOD » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:04 pm

TechTv as I'v know it is gone.
Good Job G4$$

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:11 pm

man, if there wasnt a better reason for killing yourself...not really. jeez i hate G4. no call for help, not leo leporte, no unscrewed, no fresh gear, no mods,... and they wont let doomportables host ben's footage...where is the nearest petition to rectify this situation???

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:14 pm

No I have an idea better than a petition "A Lynch Mob"

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:30 pm

Thats a little extreme... but if anyone else whats to I'll join it.

I still question why G4 is liqudating Techtv when they know the only show(s) about games were X-Play and sometimes TSS. Besides how is G4 making money, the only people that watch gaming shows are kids, adults and people with brains go look for their answers on the internet.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment

I am a geek.

gannon

Post by gannon » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:40 pm

that sucks....at least when techtv took over zdnet they kept most of the cast, and instead of decreasing everything they increased it, G4 is just ruining everything...

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:51 pm

Tech TV is gone to me now

G4 MUST DIE

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:57 pm

i think the disecions very obvouis!

KILL G4

shelter pitfall

Post by shelter pitfall » Tue Nov 23, 2004 10:38 pm

there is a petition somewhere that will seperate g4 and tech tv once agian

Geebs61

Post by Geebs61 » Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:09 am

The only show I watched on G4 was Icons, because I like the history of gaming and hearing about the big players in the video game industry. Sometimes I would watch starcade, because 80's clothing and video game competitions are awesome. TechTV on the other hand had a bazillion shows I liked watching. I watched TSS religiously, until I moved out and didnt have cable anymore. last time I REALLY watched an episode, Patrick and Leo were still the hosts. I want my old TechTV back. And I will do ANYTHING to get it.
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler

cennar

Post by cennar » Wed Nov 24, 2004 12:28 pm

still deatht to g4 and how did it get to take over tech so much? like tech is way better than that and well g4 seams like its one of those uber full of it teen out reah programs with over carismatic full of crap fake people... i dont see how they could have sold any advertising space on crap like that

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:03 pm

Its the demogrph they appeal to... teens and some young adults. As far as the 128bit systems (dont start it!) go they are the prime target.

I hope Kevin Rose and DD get thebroken.org moving again, thats going to be the only place from now on that will have helpful computer advice....outside configuring your games to run faster/better.

I am a geek.

poopiesman

Post by poopiesman » Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:11 pm

absolute outrage. im watching the new episode of tss and 2 new things: Alex? gone. kevin? say goodbye to your hosting job.his replacement? kevin pereira
and guess what? NO LIVE AUDIENCE... guess they are afraid of a full scale riot...goodbye to one of the coolest shows at a point... and i guess this forum isnt going to help ben get on the show again... :cry: