DS now or DS later

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

nickerous
DS now or DS later

Post by nickerous » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:30 am

Ok, if you had $135.00 to spend now, would you purchase a DS (circuit city is running a special this week, free copy of Super Mario DS and a free carrying case when you purchase the DS system at $129.99), or wait for the redesigned DS Lite?

totokan

Post by totokan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:36 am

I wouldn't wait, since the dslight is only coming out in japan (so far)
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

Radon199

Post by Radon199 » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:48 am

NOA says it's releaseing in NA as well as the relese date could be as soon as May.

totokan

Post by totokan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:50 am

Really? That's pretty stupid of them. Wait to see how much it sells in Japan first. Of course, nintendo is filled with mistakes, so why blame them?

Xiro

Post by Xiro » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:09 pm

totokan wrote:Really? That's pretty stupid of them. Wait to see how much it sells in Japan first. Of course, nintendo is filled with mistakes, so why blame them?
well then i guess that M$ really screwed up with the global launch of the 360.

and what do you expect them to do if it doesnt sell well in Japan? not bring it to america. i doubt they would do that since they spent lots of money designing and producing it, they would atleast sell some to try and break even.

i cannot even comprehend your stupidity in economics. By your statement, it sounds as if PS2 didnt sell well in japan when it was released, it should be scrapped and not even come to america. :?

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:15 pm

You should probobly wait for the better one. :)
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

totokan

Post by totokan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:57 pm

Xiro wrote:
totokan wrote:Really? That's pretty stupid of them. Wait to see how much it sells in Japan first. Of course, nintendo is filled with mistakes, so why blame them?
well then i guess that M$ really screwed up with the global launch of the 360.

and what do you expect them to do if it doesnt sell well in Japan? not bring it to america. i doubt they would do that since they spent lots of money designing and producing it, they would atleast sell some to try and break even.

i cannot even comprehend your stupidity in economics. By your statement, it sounds as if PS2 didnt sell well in japan when it was released, it should be scrapped and not even come to america. :?
The ps2 didn't sell good in Japan... That's why they brought a limited amount out on day one.

zagalo

Post by zagalo » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:18 pm

wait because i heard there is suppose to be a third version of the ds coming soon.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:15 pm

Xiro wrote:and what do you expect them to do if it doesnt sell well in Japan? not bring it to america. i doubt they would do that since they spent lots of money designing and producing it, they would atleast sell some to try and break even.

It's what they did to the GBL. Read up on your Nintendo history, man...

I cannot comprehend your stupidity in the social circles of a forum, but try this one on for size: I wouldn't go insulting guys who are 9 months your senior when you've not been here one month...and your "smarts" of economics isn't far reaching either. Test marketing in other countries is a ploy commonly used by businesses.

Don't be stupid, alright?
-Luke

Darth Fett
Location:On my giant space station. Firing on earth in 3...2...1...

Post by Darth Fett » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:46 pm

It would be cool if they made the new DS compatable with GBO and GBC games!Probly not gonna happen,but there's no harm in hopeing :)
Laugh and the world laughs with you; It's inhabitants are an entirely different story.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:14 pm

the only way to do that would be to get one of those flash cards

G-force

Post by G-force » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:37 pm

Only thing that I can see justifying buying a newer version of the DS, is if it has a better screen. Otherwise it's about the same. More cheesy looking maybe...
If you end up going for the older DS, just trade-in some of your old game crap at a Game-X-Change (or similar) store and get a DS for next to nothing. I ended up trading in maybe $40 worth of stuff, and they gave me enough trade-in credit to buy a DS AND a game! How sweet is that.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:47 pm

I like my old one I can barely hold this one comfortably the lite will kill my hands I have guirilla hands times 2.

Xiro

Post by Xiro » Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:13 am

Lucretius wrote:
Xiro wrote:and what do you expect them to do if it doesnt sell well in Japan? not bring it to america. i doubt they would do that since they spent lots of money designing and producing it, they would atleast sell some to try and break even.

It's what they did to the GBL. Read up on your Nintendo history, man...

I cannot comprehend your stupidity in the social circles of a forum, but try this one on for size: I wouldn't go insulting guys who are 9 months your senior when you've not been here one month...and your "smarts" of economics isn't far reaching either. Test marketing in other countries is a ploy commonly used by businesses.

Don't be stupid, alright?
lecretius but when they develop a huge product and it is advertised and brought to E3 and millions of dollars are put into it, they could not afford to just scrap it. The GBL is not a good example because althought it was announced and put on a few websites, it was not nearly as advertised as the DSL.