How would I go about doing this?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:34 pm

I'll go ahead and tell you now that no one here has tried that, yet. You'll be covering new ground if you attempt to go it alone. Simply put, you can gut the two, and *JAM!* the guts of the GBP into the 83+ case, but I doubt the screen sizes are near the same. At all.

Personally, I just got good at playing a GB without a teacher noticing. I'm THAT good... 8)
-Luke

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:42 pm

daguuy wrote:i don't see guitar tabs or crazy train or whatever it is, i do see a butt though :P :lol:
Ya, I see a SUFI in there...

Oh, and, I wouldnt rip apart a 100$ calculator to put crap in it.

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:55 am

i was always pritty stoned so teacher tened to ignore me and let me be.. most of the time i played my SP&GBAMP.. i would watch the history chanel wile my teacher tought it to us, I could go bouth ways wit the distraction. I loved going for smoke breaks near the end of classes win tehy would let me out at the end of the day.

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:33 pm

LSK wrote:
MajorLag wrote:Why-oh-why would you want to do that? TI-83s are significantly more awesome than any gameboy. You can't program your own gameboy games in the middle of a statistics calss can you? I didn't think so.
You can't play Link's Awakening in the middle of one, either. Plus it's a use for the old extra Game Boy Pocket sitting around.
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fi ... 27767.html
But can you play wolfenstein 3-D on a Game boy?

G-force

Post by G-force » Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:50 pm

Actually, yes you can (on GBA). And it looks better than that calc version. I prefer Doom on GBA over Wolfenstein though...

LSK

Post by LSK » Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:36 pm

Well, I can't exactly bring a game boy, it's a rough neighborhood. I think I'll go about doing this on my own.

I may have to settle for a case mod for the Game Boy that merely looks like a calculator, as there's no cartridge slot area.

cennar

Post by cennar » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:06 am

well thats pritty much what you end up with if you didnt any ways... yeah get a cheap ass calculator and mess around till it looks good plays and hides the nintendo logo

Turbo Tax 1.0
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Turbo Tax 1.0 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:29 am

i really dont see what would be to hard about this.
1)take the calc out its case
2)take the GB out its case
3) put the GB in the calcs case and wire its bat5tery terminals to the calcs and wire the d-pad of the GB to the calcs d-pad and 4 buttons to somewhere on the calcs control board thingy

i think it would be way cooler and maybe a bit harder to put a NOAC in a calc
when life gives you lemons make flux
snesp mk4

Wayne Venomous

Post by Wayne Venomous » Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:09 am

I've got a certain fondness for building stuff into calculator cases. I once put a Galaxian clone LCD game into an old Sharp calculator as electronic games got banned from our school (along with walkmans, pagers, anything fun really!)

And my current Sega Genesis portable uses a 1970's calculator case like the black one in this picture:
I've often found if people spend less time worrying about what someone the other side of the world has posted on an internet forum and more time getting laid, they'll be a lot less tense.