billie joe armstrong!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:16 pm

Green day used to be good, until they disappeared up their own backsides

Bille joe employs two other guitarists to play for him so he can prance around on stage (not all the time but still)

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:34 pm

yeah well on bullet in a bible he did that for all the new american idiot stuff. on the old stuff (except for king for a day) he played his "Blue" guitar. on those songs he has a wireless guitar system so he can "prance" around on stage. :wink:
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:12 pm

never really liked green day that much, but does anyone here like dead milkmen? not actual dead milkmen, they're a band. :roll:

SavageLych

Post by SavageLych » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:27 pm

Never herd of them... I loved green day, until they started singing about politics, and American Idiot. I like Dookie and Nimrod equally.

x24

Post by x24 » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:10 pm

they talked about politics in thier albums as far back as i can remember..

Super Mulletman

Post by Super Mulletman » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:27 am

Hey MilkMonster, where did you get your avatar? I don't remember that background anywhere in Donny Darko (unless maybe it was sometime when the lightning struck).

(also, fun fact: the '28 days' part was based off the time it took to shoot the whole movie. w00t useless knowledge)

And I don't know jack about Green Day or really care.

MilkMonster

Post by MilkMonster » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:09 pm

Super Mulletman wrote:Hey MilkMonster, where did you get your avatar? I don't remember that background anywhere in Donny Darko (unless maybe it was sometime when the lightning struck).

(also, fun fact: the '28 days' part was based off the time it took to shoot the whole movie. w00t useless knowledge)

And I don't know jack about Green Day or really care.
it was right before he flooded the school, i think.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:15 pm

That bunny always creeped me out.

And don't even get me STARTED on the incorrect physics in that movie with regards to time-travel.

(At the SAME EXACT moment in time he got called outside by a giant bunny when his room was crushed and lived , AND he was asleep and died. Let's see you live and die at the exact same time! It's pretty hard!)
Hey, sup?

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:24 pm

What are you 2 talking about :? ? As my dad once said:
Dad wrote:It's like listening to 2 schizophrenics talking... They understand each other (I think) But no one else does!
:lol: Ah, good times... My dad is fun... We're so similar that I know how to push all of his buttons and get away with it :P ! My siblings couldn't pull that off if they tried...
God Bless Hot Glue

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:50 pm

Just because you're not 10 yet, doesn't mean we're skitzophrenic for talking about something you don't understand. It's a movie.
Hey, sup?

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:54 pm

I wasn't calling you schizophrenic... I was just stating that it was was sort of like watching 2 of them talk to each other... Have you ever known a schizophrenic? You can't understand a word they say, and yet, they do... I wasn't being offensive or evil or nothin'. I'm not trying to offend anyone... And I'm almost 13, so what do you mean by "under 10"? That post with the typo sayin' I was 2 :lol: ? Good times, good times...
God Bless Hot Glue

Reploid Ayla

Post by Reploid Ayla » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:51 pm

Im going to post my oppinion.

I don't care for Green Day. Why?

Because I'm not much of a fan of their combination of (Power) Chord progressions, use of Digital effects, singing styles, and overall message that they create.

I think that is a fair arguement.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:52 pm

Or how about this one: They sing about boulevards...?

Fanboy

Post by Fanboy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:00 pm

Agreed... Green Day is nothing special. Yeah, some of the stuff is okay, but most of the time it's over-commercialized garbage...
God Bless Hot Glue

Super Mulletman

Post by Super Mulletman » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:44 pm

Kurt_ wrote:(At the SAME EXACT moment in time he got called outside by a giant bunny when his room was crushed and lived , AND he was asleep and died. Let's see you live and die at the exact same time! It's pretty hard!)
Spoiler:
actually when he went back in time, it erased everything up until shortly before the plane came crashing down (which of course was when the tangent unvierse was created). So yeah, he would be in different places, but upon traveling back, Frank never called him out, and thus he never avoided the plane.
Also, on an even more unrelated note, I found out recently I may have schizotypal disorder.