anyone seen this article about violent videogames?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

fatman
Steam ID:carlylebrooks
anyone seen this article about violent videogames?

Post by fatman » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:17 am

http://www.fatal1ty.com/news/?type=PR&id=26

It seems someone has proven that violent videogames dont make kids violent. According to this article, youth violence has actually dropped significantly since the release of the first playstation. This guy uses actual FBI data to prove his point. Check it out.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:18 pm

Pretty interesting first half of an article. Then I stopped because it got repeditive. To sum it up in a paragraph...

Even if true, this does not necessarily mean violent media has created aggressive people. It is more likely that aggressive people are attracted to violent media. Blaming violent media would be like going to the opera, noticing that most people there are rich, and concluding that opera makes people rich. (Classical opera, by the way, is chock full of lust, incest, murder, suicide, and revenge.)
Hey, sup?

NES_fanatic

Post by NES_fanatic » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:24 pm

Hmmm, I don't want to bring up Jack Thompson... but he should see this.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:00 pm

Well I can believe that, and no just because it's from a guy that uses logic, he has real graphs. I wish there was a way I could get my local new stations to talk about that. It would make the whole Metro-Detroit area flip up-side-down from the realization that there are no violent gaming teens out killing everyone.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

cennar

Post by cennar » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:43 pm

JT cant read gamer articals he bursts in to flames and comes to great pain at the sound of reason

Trv

Post by Trv » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:28 pm

PcGamer had that article in their magizine a few months ago. Jack Thompson should pick up a copy. You cant fight stats.
dead