"Gunshot"

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
MIRAGE
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 7:57 pm
Location: on the leftcoast
Contact:

"Gunshot"

Post by MIRAGE » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:52 pm

yesterday (jan. 17) it was discovered that someone wrote "gunshot" and a reference to tomorrow (jan. 19), scary, huh? scarier still is the fact that the police (i live in a small town) are only sending 2 coppers tomorrow, so if i dont reply tomorrow...yah

User avatar
Kurt_
Portablizer
Posts: 5748
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:32 am
Steam ID: kurbert
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:59 pm

If he shoots you, it's because you like green day.
Hey, sup?

User avatar
gamer2
Senior Member
Posts: 3611
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:38 pm
Location: You spam, SANTA Jason gets you!
Contact:

Post by gamer2 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:03 pm

If He shoots ya its couse, your a geek.

Although we rule the world there are still oposition
Image
Image

User avatar
totokan
Senior Member
Posts: 1785
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 12:29 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1
Contact:

Post by totokan » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:13 pm

gamer2 wrote:If He shoots you it's because you're a geek.

Although we rule the world there is still opposition.
Grammar police, to the rescue!
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

User avatar
sam
Senior Member
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:23 am
Location: toronto
Contact:

Post by sam » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:15 pm

Where was this put? Also try not to be such a hardcore grammar nazi.
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.
Image

User avatar
gamer2
Senior Member
Posts: 3611
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 12:38 pm
Location: You spam, SANTA Jason gets you!
Contact:

Post by gamer2 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:18 pm

http://queenofwands.net/comics/20031003.jpg

/\ Click at your own discretion.
image linked due to language and references to a hated political party that controlled Germany in WWII -bic
Image
Image

User avatar
Triton
Moderator
Posts: 7396
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:33 pm
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Post by Triton » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:22 pm

FUNNY!@

User avatar
MaDnEsS
Portablizer
Posts: 980
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: rochester MN
Contact:

Post by MaDnEsS » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:26 pm

gamer2 wrote:If He shoots ya its couse, your a geek.

Although we rule the world there are still oposition
i have one thing to say everybody here including me is a considerd a geek because we like electronics :P

User avatar
sam
Senior Member
Posts: 1746
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:23 am
Location: toronto
Contact:

Post by sam » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:31 pm

MaDnEsS wrote:
gamer2 wrote:If He shoots ya its couse, your a geek.

Although we rule the world there are still oposition
i have one thing to say everybody here including me is a considerd a geek because we like electronics :P
The term "geek" originally referred to the carnival performers whose act consisted of biting the heads off chickens and eating glass. Over time it came to be applied to anyone who got paid to do work considered odd or bizarre by mainstream society.

The term now enjoys a special status within the technical community, particularly among particularly knowledgable computer programmers. To identify oneself as a "geek" indicates a recognition that most people still consider programming computers to be a bizarre act, along with a certain fierce satisfaction in being very good at their inglorious profession.

That most software geeks now easily earn twice as much as the average laborer just sweetens their defiant embrace of the term.

Note: Unlike the word "nerd," which is always pejorative, "geek" often carries a positive connotation when used by one of the group. The use of the term by outsiders is considered insulting.
"If you really need the right answer, check with Bob; he's our resident alpha geek."

That is from urban dictionary. I notice this is FAIRLY accurate. Just because you like electronics doesn't mean your a geek, it means you like electronics.
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.
Image

User avatar
MaDnEsS
Portablizer
Posts: 980
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:33 pm
Location: rochester MN
Contact:

Post by MaDnEsS » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:32 pm

:shock: wow :shock: the history of nerd and geek

teraflop122
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat May 21, 2005 9:06 pm

Post by teraflop122 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:37 pm

Wait, don't you guys bite the heads off of chickens too? Am I the ONLY one who does that!?

User avatar
Gamelver
Moderator
Posts: 3347
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2004 9:03 pm
Location: in my basement, to forever work on portables ;)
Contact:

Post by Gamelver » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:21 pm

I bite heads of monkeys....
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

Image

User avatar
cowsgoquack101
Senior Member
Posts: 1981
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:21 am
Steam ID: cowsgoquack101
Location: Cold, grey Indiana!
Contact:

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:24 pm

Glass eating isn't that bad after the first few cuts...

User avatar
Skyone
Moderator
Posts: 6390
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:35 pm
Location: it is a mystery
Contact:

Post by Skyone » Wed Jan 18, 2006 9:29 pm

Oh mah gah! He's not replien'!

User avatar
SpongeBuell
Senior Member
Posts: 5190
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:52 am
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:29 pm

um, it hasn't been "the day" yet ;)

that said, I would strongly recommend convincing your parents to let you stay home, MIRAGE. If they don't want you to, ask what's more important: "your life, or one day of your education" (except replace "your" with "my" when you talk with them :P )
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Post Reply