`my triumphant return!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Krepticor

Post by Krepticor » Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:25 pm

hell sunlight is linked to cancer....

staying insided is linked to obesity and a greater chance of catching Diseases

soldering is dangerous for one's figures....

And people die of old age anyway...

Life ain't without its risks and not living (even if it is just for videogames :P ) is a whole lot better than paranoia :?
I refuse to dignify myself with an intelligent and witty signature

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:16 pm

pictures? :D

*o*

Post by *o* » Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:47 pm

my dads sorting out the above water ones and the ones from my dive are sadly yet to arrive :cry:
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:08 pm

Radon199 wrote:The fact is that almost any sport is dangerous, just to diffrent degrees.
Well my dive instructor informed us that SCUBA diving is one of the most unforgiving sports out there. You do someting like forget to check your equitment properly or don't calculate the time you've been down for right, you're in for some serious hurt.

And as for scary... only the weird people freak out when they look up from under the water. Really it's beautiful to see that light refract off the surface and watch the waves.

llama_master... Your right 100%. Diving in the Great Lakes is cold! You go down only 35 feet and you hit the thermalclin, right there the water drops to about 50 degrees in temperature. Really anyone planning to dive in this area get the two piece and make sure it's about 1/4" think.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:32 pm

Scuba diving must be the only sport where the point is to just not die. Don't die. No dying. That's against the rules. You, die, you loose SCUBA. Damn hard game...
-Luke

G-force

Post by G-force » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:39 pm

Well how about skiing. The objective of it is to get down the hill without hitting any trees. Then you do the same thing again. You keep doing it until you get to tired, or you hit a tree. I almost lost once from the latter.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:44 pm

G-force wrote:Well how about skiing. The objective of it is to get down the hill without hitting any trees. Then you do the same thing again. You keep doing it until you get to tired, or you hit a tree. I almost lost once from the latter.
Don't forget falling and breaking a leg or arm. I can remember wiping out at Mt. Holly and people above me (in the chair lift) shouting down "Woo! That's a 10!"

Really unless your cave diving, deep diving (over 150 feet down) or wreck diving, you're there just to enjoy yourself and in very little trouble. Really going back to my examples, your likely to miscalculate your depth and as a result could get the Benz. But don't let any of this deture you from trying it out.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Radon199

Post by Radon199 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:56 pm

Really, anywhere you can dive that deep is gonna have an emergensy hyperbolic chamber at a local hospital... or atleast I hope they would.

It's always a good idea to equilize your presure and take a rest for every 20 or so feet you dive (or so I heard).

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:06 pm

Lucretius wrote:Scuba diving must be the only sport where the point is to just not die. Don't die. No dying. That's against the rules. You, die, you loose SCUBA. Damn hard game...
What about skydiving? If something goes wrong, *whistling noise.....* *splat*
:shock:

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:38 pm

Lucretius wrote:Scuba diving must be the only sport where the point is to just not die. Don't die. No dying. That's against the rules. You, die, you loose SCUBA. Damn hard game...
heh, reminds me of a stand up bit on Seinfeld.......that is kind of true, though :P. there are rewards to not dying while scuba diving, though ;). Like meeting Scuba Steve!!!

:P
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

*o*

Post by *o* » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:42 pm

lol that would suck...my dad went sky diving and his parachute "squid" meaning it only half opens he hit the ground at 3 times the speed he should of...broke both ankles rushed to hospital but that was 30 years ago

skiings great! in australia we have barely any steep runs but i decided i'd have a go at the hardest run in the country.....HUGE MISTAKE!!! i fell lost both skis sitting on the 78 degree steeo hill no clue what to do i threw my stocks down the hill in anger...and sat there until one of those ski helper dudes dragged me up the slope with a rope on the back of a skimobile...that did kinda suck
Penn & Teller wrote:It's BULLS#%@

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:56 pm

the first time i went skiing, i was trying to see which slope was the easiest. of course looks can be decieving and i accidentally chose the hardest one :P it took me about 5 mins just to get down that hill :P that also happen to be the only slope that didn't go back to the main place because it went way out into the woods so the only way back was up the ski lift to go down another slope :roll: so then i picked the hardest looking one (which happened to be the easiest) and since i couldn't go side to side to control my speed (learned that on the other slope) i had to go straight down. that was fun...
ImageImage