BEST GAME MOVIE - Official Poll

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Which one of these movies-directed-by-ex-shampoo-commerical-DP's based off a videogame is best?

Tomb Raider
12%
Mortal Kombat
31%
Resident Evil
27%
Super Mario Bros.
31%

Total votes: 26

benheck
Site Admin
BEST GAME MOVIE - Official Poll

Post by benheck » Thu May 27, 2004 10:00 pm

Yo there! I tried to put this poll in a couple days ago but there's a limit on the number of possible choices. So I'm narrowing it down to the *better* or at least more successful game movies. Which is best? FIGHT!

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Fri May 28, 2004 3:56 am

I thought Mortal Kombat was pretty good, although now I'm sure it would be showing it's age. Lots of fighting, they put in a plot-type thing, and some good special effects for its time.
Maybe that's just me...
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri May 28, 2004 2:31 pm

I voted for Mario Bros. I know it was different but I like it best out of all the list.

Tomb Raider, I'd only watch that to see Angalina Jolies breast... ofcorse who wouldn't?
Resident Evil, the trailor just proved the story line was ruined so I didn't waste time or money.
Mortal Kombat.... I've seen it and well its suprisingly worse then the live action Street Fighter movie, lets just leave it at that.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

electromaster64

Post by electromaster64 » Mon May 31, 2004 7:15 pm

Final Fantasy was great that should definitely be up there

Geebs61

Post by Geebs61 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:29 pm

Sparkfist wrote:I voted for Mario Bros. I know it was different but I like it best out of all the list.
I agree
Sparkfist wrote:Tomb Raider, I'd only watch that to see Angalina Jolies breast... ofcorse who wouldn't?
Extremely true
Sparkfist wrote:Resident Evil, the trailor just proved the story line was ruined so I didn't waste time or money.
Disagree, I didn't think it was very bad.
Sparkfist wrote:Mortal Kombat.... I've seen it and well its suprisingly worse then the live action Street Fighter movie, lets just leave it at that.
Absolutely untrue, have you seen the Street Fighter movie? unfortunate that it was Raul Julia's final film. but it had Jean Claude Van Suck in it. And Blanka? I wore a more believable Ninja Turtles costume when I was 3, and my shell was an old garbage can lid. At least MK had CGI to make some things believable.
"Being a teenager is to experience a renaissance of the body, mind and spirit. It is to experience life at it’s fullest." - Cliff Eiffler

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:41 am

On the topic of MK its a movie based off of a fighting game! The storyline was weak to begin with the movie just through in more plot holes, like was there ever a reason for the bad guys to want to take over Earth/our realm?

As for the Street Fighter movie.... Blanka was Charlie! Does that make any sence?! Further M. Bison used technoloy for his ablities, not his phyco powers that where way more better. The only thing worst then the move I can think of is the game they made based of it. Great idea a game based of of a movie based off of a game. Atleast with the animated movies it had a great storyline and they didnt reinvent the charaters to suit the writers new ideas.

This is why I almost cant stand these movies, inconsistance is the worse thing in my book.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

gamer2

Video Game Movies

Post by gamer2 » Sat Jun 26, 2004 9:28 am

I thought they were all good movies.

Resident Evil Could have been more like the games exept for title, monsters, and the cause of Monsters. Milla Jovovich's charactor could have been named Jill becouse she is the main charactor.

Mortal kombat is classic. i liked it so much i forked over the $10 for the DVDs.
"You Broke my $700 to poop egress" johnny cage
:Dont tell on me:

Tomb rader could have been better.

super Mario Bros is a great film i loved sence i was little and i still love it.
"mario brothers Plumbing; no leak to Small" Mario Mario
"theres 3 theres mario mario, and Luigi Mario" Luigi mario.