This sucks!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

xxxeagle
This sucks!

Post by xxxeagle » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:55 am

I just got in a huge argument with my dad this weekend and got grounded from the computer, tv and videogames. I probably will only be able to go on here at my friends house. I hate being grounded it was his fault anyway I don't think my dad is a good father and wish that I didn't have to live with him. Do any of you have parents that you don't like?Anyways I hope I get ungrounded soon because it sucks my parents usually cave and let me out but I don't think they will this time I hope they will though. But I am not apologizing or speaking to my father so I doubt I'll get out of being grounded. Talk to you guys later.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:12 am

I'm going to take a leap and assume you said or did something that quite literally was something you werent suppost to or flat out instulted him.

I'll admitt I hate my parent too, but not because they punished(ed) me. My dad really never was around me and wanted to do things, this explains why I'm not a fan of NBA or NFL games (he was watching those, a lot). My mother constintly asks me to help or do things for her that she can do, its quite irritating at times, and lastly I hate it when she asks me questions about her computer (how many times does it take before you know how to make a hyperlink?!). My brother... they're a much bigger issue, one that would take about a page to even lightly explain it.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

daleighan

Post by daleighan » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:14 am

Wait, so you are grounded from video games etc., but not from going to a friends house?

loup

Post by loup » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:50 am

I was wondering about that too. When I used to get grounded, going to a friend's house was also off limits. Basically, the only two places I could go were school and home. I've got to admit though, when I would get grounded, it was with good reason. :wink:
From the OLD ozforces forums
- Offenders will be bashed. Repeat Offenders will be repeatedly bashed.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:22 am

My parents are human. They make mistakes. Believe me, the make PLENTY of mistakes. My dad's beaten me once or twice, my mom's crazy as a loon. They molded me into an unsocial, uncaring beast of burden. Don't try to tell me otherwise, I'm the one in this body, not you.

But am I pissed off at them, for what they did and what they do? Not even slightly. Not in the least, because, you see, I the same damn mistakes too. I ignore people's needs. I'm crass, angry, irratable, violent and stupid. Does that make me a horrible person? No.

Humans are jerks and poop egress, guys. It's not intentional. We just are. You can whine and complain about it, but it won't change a thing. Best thing you can do is accept youself and aim for self-reliance.

So you know what? Stop being little two-year-olds and get a grip. You think you can change your moms and dads? Try this: Change your own damn selves. The only reason you're on this little world is to stay alive. So just do it, ok?
-Luke

jellywerker

Post by jellywerker » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:26 am

Hear hear!
An original christmas 2004 avatar by The Zydeco King

xriverfalconx

Post by xriverfalconx » Mon Dec 05, 2005 1:35 pm

I remember being a child once...I always thought my parents were the one at fault...then, i grew up...and now, I couldn't believe at how wrong I was. Unless your father beat you senseless or disowned you because you wouldn't do certain things that he wanted you to do (career wise that is), same with your mother, then you are the one at fault. They are trying to teach you lessons about life because they did it already. They were kids once...I know, it's crazy.

So unless you don't have a REAL reason for them being at fault, then you have soooo much maturing to do. Grow up, stop being an idiot, and deal with the punishment. Very simple! :roll:

I'm with you Luc on this one 100%
<a href="http://www.gmrealm.us">http://www.gmrealm.us</a>

-PC Modification Project- (special thanks to Foxx373) - Complete-

-WIP- mT16P (Portable Turbo Grafx 16)

GamingRev

I understand

Post by GamingRev » Mon Dec 05, 2005 4:03 pm

I understand where you are coming from, but sometimes they just arent right(litterially). Like if you are wrongly blamed for something, and they dont believe you. Thats crap.

I look at the bad things i've done and think, well would I do them again? No, but I am proud of myself on 1 (yes shocking, just 1) of them. Being a kid and screwing up is fine SOMETIMES! But it seems like I always get in trouble at the wrong times. But not anymore! Im a good boy!

BTW: What are you grounded for anywway?
PS3 sucks...

xriverfalconx

Re: I understand

Post by xriverfalconx » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:23 pm

GamingRev wrote: BTW: What are you grounded for anywway?
That's what I am also curious about.
<a href="http://www.gmrealm.us">http://www.gmrealm.us</a>

-PC Modification Project- (special thanks to Foxx373) - Complete-

-WIP- mT16P (Portable Turbo Grafx 16)

psychotic_mechanic

Re: This sucks!

Post by psychotic_mechanic » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:47 pm

xxxeagle wrote:sucks my parents usually cave and let me out
equals
xxxeagle wrote:don't think my dad is a good father

Maybe they're trying to improve now.

I'll let you in on a secret, parents don't like punishing their kids, BUT we can't let let you grow up to be a crack-head, mass-murderer or politician.
American gamer stationed in Japan, PM with your import gaming desires.

Now with dancing boobies as my avatar!

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Mon Dec 05, 2005 5:54 pm

I know that my parents make mistakes, but my dad kinda thinks that he has never done anything stupid before. His favorite line when we accidently break something is "you just should've went outside and smashed it with a hammer when you first brought it home"

Foxx373

Post by Foxx373 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:21 am

Lucretius wrote:My parents are human. They make mistakes. Believe me, the make PLENTY of mistakes. My dad's beaten me once or twice, my mom's crazy as a loon. They molded me into an unsocial, uncaring beast of burden. Don't try to tell me otherwise, I'm the one in this body, not you.

But am I pissed off at them, for what they did and what they do? Not even slightly. Not in the least, because, you see, I the same damn mistakes too. I ignore people's needs. I'm crass, angry, irratable, violent and stupid. Does that make me a horrible person? No.

Humans are jerks and poop egress, guys. It's not intentional. We just are. You can whine and complain about it, but it won't change a thing. Best thing you can do is accept youself and aim for self-reliance.

So you know what? Stop being little two-year-olds and get a grip. You think you can change your moms and dads? Try this: Change your own damn selves. The only reason you're on this little world is to stay alive. So just do it, ok?
That deserves a golf clap. I agree with Luc on this. My mom is a obsessive compulsive loon, and my dad is a drunk. Between them, and dealing with a brain that doesnt process things normlly, I have turned out to a grumpy antisocial lunitic. But ya know what, i wouldnt want things any other way (well, except maybe not having to spend all that time in rehab so I could have had my PhD allready).

I cant blame my parents for punishing me, i can only blame myself for getting cought doing something i shouldnt have.

Thank you Luc, wish i could sake your hand for that post.
www.bsodtv.org - Hacking is NOT a crime!

xxxeagle

Post by xxxeagle » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:25 am

Well I'd rather not say the whole story but my dad never wants to do anything accept watch his t.v. he always says I don't do anything to contribute to the household and I said I do plenty of things (take out the trash the laundy help with the dog and many more. Then we were arguing about that and he got all angry and started swearing at me and I swore back at him and then he said I am grounded all week. My dad always says negative stuff and nothing positive he says that I haven't done anything my whole life I told him If thats true its not my fault and he should have noticed earlier. He gets mad when I don't do something the exact second he says to do it. I can go over my freinds house after school because my parents aren't home. I don't really see a reason for me to be grounded because I just stated my opinions. Oh and in the middle of the arguement he hit me which really was the whole reason I swore at him. He always talks about how his dad hit him and I have it easy compared to when he was a kid.

Foxx373

Post by Foxx373 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:39 am

the last time my dad hit me, i hit back, and he couldnt get up.... and he was out of work for a week. I guess he learned his lesson, eh'?

Noone has any right to hit anyone for any reason. Allthough its fun, violence never solves anything.
www.bsodtv.org - Hacking is NOT a crime!

xxxeagle

Post by xxxeagle » Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:18 am

I wish I could hit him back I am 6' he is 6'1 and at least 40lbs more than me. I will hit him back next time (hopefully there won't be one) and do as much damage as I can. I'd just rather not have to fight at all.