Who Here Is In A Band?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

electromaster64

Post by electromaster64 » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:21 pm

I have been in a bunch of bands and currently sub in for a couple of guys.
Types of bands I have been in: Power Metal, Punk, Rock, Jazz, This Weird Experimental Light Rock Band, I play in the church praise band off and on, I played in the marching band in High School and College.
ImageImage

Reploid Ayla

Post by Reploid Ayla » Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:55 pm

S q u e e ! wrote:
Reploid Ayla wrote:for the love of god, please i beg you do not get a BC Rich guitar. PLEASE

i understand you want to play metal, but Bc Rich is not the only way!!

those guitars may look really crazy and radical, but their tone and sustain are not worth the image value.

if you want thick powerful distortion and rich creamy tone, i highly reccomend a Stratocaster with a Big Muff distortion petal. You will be able to get many more tones than just generic metal which will go along way in the next coming years.

but i strongly suggest anything but a BC Rich guitar, as an educated musician.

also stay away from Crete and Peavy amps, not worth it. Get a fender or Marshall.

and yes i am in a band. but ill cover that in my next post

i repeat do not get a BC Rich.

edit: you mentioned you play Jimi Hendrix, Jimi had a strat. You can do a lot of things with that guitar, all with the right pedals and amps trust me.
Finally, another BC Rich not-liker! Really though, BC Riches might have all the fancy words about the BDSM Pickups, and killer sustain, but they sound like sh*t. They seriously suck. Bad. You can get a much better guitar for the same price, or go over the $700 range and buy a Steinberger (like me!) and get an even better guitar.
yes, someone with sense! I think if i become rich and famous, im going to buy BC Rich and shut it down to rid the world of their crap instruments.

also i highly reccomend the Electro Harmonix Big Muff. or any other pedal by elctro. one of the most useful pedals around.

Unidentified Assilant

Post by Unidentified Assilant » Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:00 am

Reploid Ayla wrote:for the love of god, please i beg you do not get a BC Rich guitar. PLEASE

those guitars may look really crazy and radical, but their tone and sustain are not worth the image value.

if you want thick powerful distortion and rich creamy tone, i highly reccomend a Stratocaster with a Big Muff distortion petal. You will be able to get many more tones than just generic metal which will go along way in the next coming years.

also stay away from Crete and Peavy amps, not worth it. Get a fender or Marshall.

edit: you mentioned you play Jimi Hendrix, Jimi had a strat. You can do a lot of things with that guitar, all with the right pedals and amps trust me.
I know how good a Stratocaster is... but I also know how dear a Stratocaster is over here... if I was to shell out for £3,000 for a guitar... I must be crazy.

Somebody please buy my Dreamcast >_> £20+shipping :)

S q u e e !

Post by S q u e e ! » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:24 am

Are you sure it's £3000? Is that the base model, 'cause if it isn't, the base model should only be £635.98.

**EDIT**

Never mind, it should be £993.50, but still not £3000.
"I like my coffee like I like my women. In a plastic cup."

~Eddie Izzard

Reploid Ayla

Post by Reploid Ayla » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:29 am

holy crap. i was thinkin you would go one ebay and buy one for 300 or something...

this auction has ended, but you get the idea

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stratocasters-2005- ... dZViewItem

S q u e e !

Post by S q u e e ! » Sun Nov 20, 2005 6:09 am

The reason is because $1 us = £1.7blahblahblah so it comes out to ≈ twice as much.

~Eddie Izzard

HomicidalBarber

Post by HomicidalBarber » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:31 am

I got asked to join a Violent Emo Band one time, but it isnt really my type of thing. My friends and I have laughed about it so much.

Mr. Cool

Post by Mr. Cool » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:26 am

What kind of guitar would you suggest that looks similar, but has good sound?
Need unique content writer for your website? Check out http://www.uniquecontentcreation.com/

S q u e e !

Post by S q u e e ! » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:45 am

No other company has that radical of a shape, and sounds good. Other brands to try for not-as-good-as-a-Steinberger sound quality while having a somewhat radical shape is Dean's Dimebag Razorback, any Jacksons, and most ESPs.

~Eddie Izzard

shmagoogin77
Portablizer

Post by shmagoogin77 » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:24 pm

i love classic rock and am hoping to later form a band called "Complicated Shoes" oh and i play the guitar :D

Thornwillow

Post by Thornwillow » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:16 am

My brother is in a band, hes the main guy. His band is named The Illiad...

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:39 am

I'm in a band we're called the rodney 7 I'll get our design in a minute.

satan165

Post by satan165 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:47 pm

there is nothign wrong with bc rich guitars. and a big muff is going to give you great tone for playing classic rock, not heavy metal.

get a jackson. thats all i play. they are 1000 times more solid then a bc rich.

or get any old piece of crap and put an EMG-81 in it and call it a day.

http://www.lowpro708.com